Fire log book? Visitor book?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fire log book? Visitor book?

Just ordered my first aid box, fire blanket and fridge thermometer - And feeling ridiculously excited about it!!

Now, my first thought in regards to visitors, dropoff/collection signatures, fire log, fridge temperature checks, accidents in my care, accidents before entering my care... Sure there are probably other things I need to keep written down for prosperity. Anyhow, I possibly rather stupidly, thought I'd just jot them all down in random (And pretty) labelled notebooks. But looking on Amazon they have heaps of proper books for such things, although ten pound for a fire log book seems rather steep.. Am I required to buy the 'official' books or can I just do as I thought and keep them wrote in ordinary notebooks?

Also, *is* there anything else I need to record that I may have forgotten? xx

2. Likes MAWI liked this post
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

This is what I do:

visitors- I just jot in my diary

dropoff/collection signatures- I do not do this, I record times in my register and parents sign once a month.

fire log- A4 sheet of paper, I made a grid, 1 line per fire drill with date and notes

fridge temperature checks- I do not write this down. If you want to then in your diary or any note book or sheet of paper will do

accidents in my care, accidents before entering my care- both go in the Pacey Accident and Incident book, or you can make your own.

Need to spend money on anything special... there is always someone ready to sell you something you do not need!

4. Likes MAWI, TabbyTuTu liked this post
    Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

How I do it:

visitors- I also put in my diary (page a day diary)

dropoff/collection signatures- I do not do this either, I record times in my MM register (Morton Michel) this has space to sign at end of week. I also put in my diary too.

fire log- In my diary - always around the 20th

fridge temperature checks- I don't write this down either _ I only write any problems in my diary and also put the in Safer food Better Business for Childminders file.

accidents/incidents and existing injuries - I use Pacey forms too as they are carbon backed and you can give a copy to the parent and they have a body diagram.

Forgotten - Long and short term medication administration forms. Again I use Pacey carbon backed ones. Record of concerns - where you can log any concerns you have about a child, development, behaviour etc - again I use Pacey ones

You do not have to buy anything in particular - you can design your own for all the above just remember that you need to get parents to sign for accidents/existing injuries and medication and you will need to do this in a way that maintains confidentiality.
    Last edited by tulip0803; 05-03-2014 at 07:56 PM.

6. Likes TabbyTuTu liked this post