Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: hello :)

Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face hello :)

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has done a home distance learning course in childcare before going onto the cypop5? plus is there a time limit for the cypop5?? and once done the pre- reg eve from local council does that have a time limit on when to use it??

just trying to get sorted (as hope to move next year as renting and landlord wont allow) and get started as keep wanting to start all this then back out as know there are lots of people doing this in my area and not sure if get anyone!

As i have seen many childminders with lots of qualifications in childcare but would an online course still be as good as if done a course at college (as college they want placements and i have not the time as work and have a nearly 2yr old) :s so hoping online course.... would it be recognised?

Anyway writing away...

Thanks in advance and a hello im back again message :P this time i think for good!

Jj

Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi and welcome

I think any time limits will be down to the local authority and training provider. Mine was a year for the pre-reg briefing and I had three months for the CYPOP5, but I don't think this is consistent across the country

Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

many thanks for the reply

I guess they will tell you on the pre-reg briefing? think do as many short online courses as can till i can register maybe? already done safeguarding at work could email and ask while asking for when next briefing is?

x

Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I would email them and find out and then you could always put the dates into a action plan with everything else you are doing. I have found this has made me understand the whole process much better and feel somewhat in control!