Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Cypop5 ordered!

Post Thanks / Like

My daughter 3, 4 in 2 weeks! Lol x

Post Thanks / Like

My lil boy is 6 months and my daughter is 4. I've enjoyed being off and at home with them. Love being able to do stuff with them and dreading going back to work. Luckily I have a brilliant childminder who my eldest loves and is also helping me with any questions etc I have.

I have 3 weeks leave added on to the end of my leave so hopefully as long as I've got my registration and manage to get mindees I will only actually be working for 2 and a half months.

Post Thanks / Like

Aww bless!

I've been told can take few months to be registered as need to undertake all training - Paediatric First Aid Course 12 Hour that Ofsted Approved.

get DBS certificate for yourself and anyone over 16 and medical check by doctor x

And ensure house safe. Ofsted said roughly 3 months but can take longer depending on how quickly it is to get things done x

Nees

Post Thanks / Like

Then need Public Liability Insurance etc x

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I know it takes a while I've applied for my DBS check just need to sort Id check will do my hubby's next month.

I haven't even looked at public liability yet, and I need to contact house ins and car ins. There's so much to do I don't think u realise until u start doing it x

Post Thanks / Like

I know there a lot to it and I find it daunting at times but hubby keeps telling me it be worth it in the end!

I eager to get started and filling the books but know it all baby steps at moment xx

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it will be worth it I'm just gradually sorting the house. Getting rid of stuff to make room, selling what I can so more money for resources etc. trying to get all the paperwork done as soon as possible and then really concentrate on pre-reg and ensuring the house is ready.

I have to get my garden sorted, and both my hubby and I are useless so got to get someone to come and do it haha x

Post Thanks / Like

We live in a 2 bedroom and big living room and a small kitchen and small patio at back. We are hoping to move soon though but am in process of sorting what I need. In my bedroom I will set up travel cot for babies. I keeping kids room out of bounds.

Need to put stair gates back up soon- have one from living room to kitchen already but need to do stairs.

Then kitchen needs safety checks done. I going through kids toys keeping plastic durable toys and dressing up stuff etc x

Paper work be getting done in bits as polices and procedures we've now done (1.2) and all other bits will make our paper work too xx

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty much the same, we have a living room (not massive) but has a bit of it which I guess is meant to be dining space but we use it for the kids toys. Biggish kitchen with dining table. Downstairs bathroom, I need to get stair gates up and safety check kitchen and bathroom.

I'm not going to use my daughters room, but am going to use babies room for sleeping to begin with. So upstairs is really out of bounds except for napping babies and toddlers in cots.

Got to go through the kids toys with my daughter and then anything she doesn't want to share will have to go in her room. Got a big under stairs cupboard which I'm clearing out and will use as a back up store for toys etc.

Registered Childminder since
    Pre-Reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey girls,

I was looking at having my insurance with PACEY as you can get the insurance and pacey registration for £98 a year! I need to do my paediatric first aid but so far the earliest I have found is late April! The safeguarding children one my LA said I could do this whilst childminding don't need to do it before pre reg. Then its all risk assess every where lol. I have a largeish rectangle kitchen/diner so instead of having a dining room it's going to be our play room

I am so scared of the pre reg meeting incase they say no!! I have looked on childcare.co.uk for who is looking for a childminder and there is one that would be perfect they need someone from September and I am hoping to be up and going by then but I don't know whether to email her or not :/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeekABoos View Post
    Hey girls,

I was looking at having my insurance with PACEY as you can get the insurance and pacey registration for £98 a year! I need to do my paediatric first aid but so far the earliest I have found is late April! The safeguarding children one my LA said I could do this whilst childminding don't need to do it before pre reg. Then its all risk assess every where lol. I have a largeish rectangle kitchen/diner so instead of having a dining room it's going to be our play room

I am so scared of the pre reg meeting incase they say no!! I have looked on childcare.co.uk for who is looking for a childminder and there is one that would be perfect they need someone from September and I am hoping to be up and going by then but I don't know whether to email her or not :/
    Fab I think I may go mine through PACEY too hun as not a bad price at all!

I same boat see some great families but not sure if I can/should approach them yet. X

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I've just seen a perfect one for September too I so tempted to E-mail! X

Pre-Reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LG2014 View Post
    Oh I've just seen a perfect one for September too I so tempted to E-mail! X
    We are not in the same place are we lol

I am so tempted to but worried it would be tempting fate :/

Post Thanks / Like

I from Stockport... I am wanting to approach but don't know protocol x

Pre-Reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Nope not same place then I'm in sunny Suffolk :-)

Yeah me neither would be good to know though. X

Post Thanks / Like

I've started a thread to ask as if you allowed it be great way of getting yourself known and hopefully having families on books once registered x

Post Thanks / Like

Will let you know what replies say! X

Pre-Reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Aww fab thank you! Yes will be a great way to get our name out there and find hopefully children for our new careers :-) xx

Post Thanks / Like

Yes you allowed!

However you MUST state not registered yet, that you may not be registered then. That you can't sign contracts and take deposits (you don't want reputation for saying you registered when you not so make it very clear!)

And keep on touch til registration comes through! xx

Pre-Reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LG2014 View Post
    Yes you allowed! However you MUST state not registered yet, that you may not be registered then. That you can't sign contracts and take deposits (you don't want reputation for saying you registered when you not so make it very clear!) And keep on touch til registration comes through! xx
    Fantastic !! I best organise my page then :-) x

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast