twiddling thumbs...
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Just thought I'd update!..... After 9 and a half weeks I FINALLY got my DBS through. On Thursday nights husband's went off for printing after 9 weeks. I rang Ofsted yesterday who told me they had just received the message too so someone will be ringing me next week to arrange a visit. Thank GOD!!! Although I have lost two customer leads in the time it's taken and have no one lined up til September now but at least I'll be able to legally advertise. Which is just as well as I have no money after laying out for a flooded kitchen, rotted decking, losing a weeks wages while hubby was in hospital, having a broken computer, broken car and then smashing my windscreen :-/ It's been an expensive start to my "exciting, fresh start new year". Things can only get better eh? Just can't wait to have my certificate in my hands. I can see the finishing line now haha. (Hysteria IS setting in lol)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joannes View Post
    Just thought I'd update!..... After 9 and a half weeks I FINALLY got my DBS through. On Thursday nights husband's went off for printing after 9 weeks. I rang Ofsted yesterday who told me they had just received the message too so someone will be ringing me next week to arrange a visit. Thank GOD!!! Although I have lost two customer leads in the time it's taken and have no one lined up til September now but at least I'll be able to legally advertise. Which is just as well as I have no money after laying out for a flooded kitchen, rotted decking, losing a weeks wages while hubby was in hospital, having a broken computer, broken car and then smashing my windscreen :-/ It's been an expensive start to my "exciting, fresh start new year". Things can only get better eh? Just can't wait to have my certificate in my hands. I can see the finishing line now haha. (Hysteria IS setting in lol)
    That is brilliant news! You really deserve it after all the bad luck you've had. Let us know when your visit is arranged for xx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joannes View Post
    Oh Joanne I'm soooo pleased for you it has been such a nightmare for you. Things can certainly only get better! Keep us informed x

Post Thanks / Like

definitely! Onwards and upwards lol. Sooooo close to the end now! Then will be panicking over having no children to mind lol. Going to visit the local schools this week and introduce myself, give receptionist some cards etc. and also going to email the local high schools etc. as I'm offering term time only places too which may appeal to support staff and teachers. Hope everyone else is finally getting sorted :-)

Post Thanks / Like

I got gold membership on childcare.co.uk and signed 2 parents in 2 days! I message any parents that I think will be a good fit. I initially thought I'd start out with my niece and nephew and go from there, they haven't even started yet and I've already got 4 boys before and after school x

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks hun, I'm going to get the gold membership once my certificate comes in the post. I have an ad on there and it has my contact details on and a parent has contacted me today wanting 3 days which would be fab but I'm not sure what the rules are on the free hours. Have posted on here about it so hopefully someone could give me some good news (fingers crossed- I've had enough brick walls lol)

Post Thanks / Like

I thought you had to have a grading of good. I think the rules are different in each LA. I'm not entirely sure though x

Post Thanks / Like

My LA have said that as newly registered cm's have recently been visited by Ofsted, done the training etc they can have funding until the first inspection where it will be reassessed I think. After all this I've gone and pulled a right classic though- missed the deadline to join the DBS update service by 2 days :-/ how can they do everything else by "working days" but then when it comes to giving you time it's calendar days all of a sudden. so cross at myself :-/

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen people on here posting that they had to chase Ofsted for the inspection- I've rung Ofsted twice now and they've said it's been passed on to the inspection team, Tribal. Did people contact Tribal directly or just keep ringing the main Ofsted number to pester? :-/

Post Thanks / Like

What is the DBS update service?!? Eek have I missed something? I contacted ofsted, they gave me prospects details once it had been passed on for inspection. I then told them I had a family waiting for me and that I had to give my notice at work. I heard from the inspector the same afternoon.

Post Thanks / Like

You can pay £13 a year to keep your DBS certificate current and anyone can access that so you dont need to do a new one for each job etc. However you only have two weeks from the date of issue to apply for it. At least that was how it was when I applied for it, but now you can subscribe to the update service with your application number BEFORE you get the certificate. So they see that as no excuse for applying late. Even though they've introduced that recently (I wasn't aware before I tried to subscribe yesterday). I have no idea if its gone through, they took my payment details and said they'd send a confirmation email but I've had no emails from them so going to ring today. The site itself has had issues the last couple of days (or my internet provider doesnt like it one of the two) because I was struggling to get to the payment page :-/ Don't think they make it very clear. And Ofsted haven't passed tribal's details to me (or whoever it is), I googled the nearest office and rang them and they said they dont deal with inspections but she'll email the centre that does. Still no phonecall.

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't aware of the DBS renewal, so it looks like I've missed the boat there never mind x hopefully you ll get your phonecall soon, you've waited long enough!

Post Thanks / Like

Well rang dbs and apparently it's gone through ok so at least that's one less stress coz otherwise I'd need to buy another obe for supply. Still no ofsted call though :-( x

Post Thanks / Like

Still no call......... typical of me for the FINAL stage to take flipping ages as well. just need the visit and certificate!!!! Grrrrr. 34 weeks since I applied to do the local authority course :-/

aug 14
    Post Thanks / Like

I applied for hubby's DBS on 1 Feb! It finally went to print today.. What a stressful time! I'm wanting to be minding in August so hoping to get a call as soon as I've applied but I'm not holding out! Ofsted do say they aim to register in 12 weeks though x

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,I am new here but have been reading some post for awhile....thanks for a good tips generally
    I just wanted to say that my whole application process took nearly a year-long time...had my pre reg visit just before Easter,yeah. ..
    I kept calling and asking Ofsted,they gave me number to Inspection team and I called them directly.They were super nice and I had an Inspection within few days of calling them,hope that helps...good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Did Ofsted say that your details have been passed to tribal for inspection? They have a time limit I believe 20 days. That is from receiving your details and getting the inspection details back to Ofsted. That was what I was told by Prospects.

Post Thanks / Like

I've just re looked at one of your posts and seen that you said it had been passed on. So you should be within the 20 day time frame now :-)

aug 14
    Post Thanks / Like

20 days from when you apply to when they do your first pre registration visit? X

Post Thanks / Like

No, 20 days from your details being passed to an inspector to certificate being generated, that's what I was told anyway x

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast