Changes to Ofsted registration process?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Changes to Ofsted registration process?

Hi

I'm currently on my Local Authority pre-registration course and we've been told that Ofsted are changing their registration process in February 2014 and that they'll let us know as soon as they have the details. I can't find any mention of this elsewhere online and wondered if anybody else had heard of it? It seems odd to me that they would make changes now with the agencies etc. coming up later in the year (I don't doubt the information we've been given but I'm curious and keen to know how it will effect my application!).

Thank you x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have not heard that Ofsted registration is changing either... please keep us updated!

I hope you are enjoying your course

Aug 14
    Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zanacal View Post
    Hi

I'm currently on my Local Authority pre-registration course and we've been told that Ofsted are changing their registration process in February 2014 and that they'll let us know as soon as they have the details. I can't find any mention of this elsewhere online and wondered if anybody else had heard of it? It seems odd to me that they would make changes now with the agencies etc. coming up later in the year (I don't doubt the information we've been given but I'm curious and keen to know how it will effect my application!).

Thank you x

I did my pathways a few weeks ago and was told the same. They said it was around the registering process - and were unsure whether we could register once the course dates etc were booked (so both ran alongside each other) or whether we would have to complete the course first, and then start the registration process. I spoke to Ofsted the other day though, and was told I could register in advance, as long as everything would be completed within 6 weeks. For me it will be. He said I should do the DBS's first though, then once they come back register with Ofsted. Hope that makes sense!!

Pre-Reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh wonder what the changes will be? Please keep us updated. xx

Post Thanks / Like

I had to call ofsted the other day about my application which was submitted in January and the chap there told me that from now you have to apply and have your DBS certificate before ofsted will accept your application. Perhaps it could be that? X

May 14
    Post Thanks / Like

I emailed the LA and she said the changes came in to place on Monday but weren't on their website yet so she was awaiting an email from Ofsted which she would forward to us. I believe it does relate to getting checks etc done before applying so the process once you've applied is quicker x