Parent pack
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Parent pack

Post Thanks / Like

Default Parent pack

Hi, I'm new to CM and have heard a lot about 'parent packs' for new parents using your service. Is this something that is a template from pacey when registered or is it a gathering of paper work that I need to get together? (Required list of documents by ofsted or any I think would be useful to parent)?
    Have tried to google but only confusing myself more :/
    Thanks

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

The way I looked at it was what would I want to know about a childminder before I sent my child to them?

Off the top of my head, my parent pack includes a bit about me (my background, any qualifications and a sentence about my family), a bit about my home (what rooms we use etc), a rough outline of a typical day, sample menu...

I think there's a bit more but I can't remember without checking!
    Life is all about how you handle plan B

Post Thanks / Like

Ok great, thanks so there's no set order of things required then? It's just what you want to include?

Registered Childminder since
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Some people have a portfolio of their certificates, training courses, policies, thank you cards or references from past parents to show in the setting to potentially new parents, some people give the parents a pack of information or something as simple as an A4 leaflet with a description of them and the service they can offer parents, opening hours, fees etc. Somethings evolve as you childmind over a period of time, so don't worry to much if you don't have everything when you start.