Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2nd Pre-Registation visit through no fault of my own

Hi all.

I'm really annoyed with the entire registration process.

I applied at the beginning of April and Ofsted were so slow in carrying out checks that my pre-registration visit wasn't until the end of August. It all went really well and I was told I'd be recommended. Well, since the end of August Ofsted decided to carry out lots more checks and never seemed able to chase any of them, so they would sit on outside agencies desks for months. I got to a point where I put in a formal complaint, was phoned by Ofsted agreeing it was taking too long - to cut a long story short, Ofsted didn't stick to their agreement of my complaint by phoning me weekly to put my mind at ease that they were chasing up the checks, so I put in another complaint. They couldn't care less that I'd complained - and didn't have an answer to resolve it. On a recent phone call to Ofsted I asked to speak to the lady processing my application - was told by the customer services agent that she wasn't available and she'd ring me back - I stated that she never rings me back hence why I had phoned Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday without a phone call back. The agent said "well she's obviously busy isn't she!" They are so rude.

I contacted my local MP who have chased them up and I have now been told that they have all the checks back but because my pre-registration visit was so long ago that they need to do it again. I feel like screaming - this process is so frustrating.

I've worked as a teaching assistant for the past 7 years and have been in so many situations safeguarding children that I can't understand why my application is taking so long - I'm so squeaky clean it's ridiculous! My husband is as well - working on building schools at the moment so needs thorough checking for his job. It's crazy!

Has anybody else experienced 2 pre-reg visits because of Ofsted being so slow?

XX

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

How frustrating for you! Do you know when the 2nd visit is likely to be?

Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

No I don't know. The woman I spoke to said she hasn't any availability for a few weeks, she'll be ringing next week to make arrangements. X

Feb 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Hiya I can sympathise. I was waiting since May last year and finally had my visit this week. My dbs check alone took 13 weeks! You must be tearing your hair out x

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You haven't had a good experience, I sympathise!

I think they may have changed their policy now as I was phoned by the Ofsted dept to let me know they were waiting for my medical form ( my doctor had sat on it for a while which I could understand, as it isn't exactly his priority) during this call the ofsted office person said that they pass my name on to prospects when all the checks/ forms been approved.
    So hopefully no one now has to go through the visit twice as your name isn't given to the ofsted inspector until all checks are complete now. No consolation to you though, sorry.

Try to look on the bright side, its just going to be a formality as you were approved on your first visit, you know the format etc... Just double check on the documents that were updated in the Autumn.

Good luck.

Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, that's a wise idea - how do I know what documents were introduced in Autumn - will it be on Ofsteds website?
    X