hi, wondering if anyone can help.
I called my local council in august to book onto ICP training and first aid and was told the next available course (September 2013) was full so I waited until the next one (due to start today). Finally ready to get started and I get a call today saying due to lack of numbers it’s been cancelled and not available until May!! I was so upset having waited so long. I was in work so my mum (bless her) has been ringing round like a mad woman trying to find me something else. My parents take care of my daughters while I work as I struggled to find childcare to suit both of them and the hrs I work but they can’t do this after april so I am panicking as I will have to leave my job then. After many phone calls my council told my mum I could do this online?! Which I had no idea I could do! I am booked onto first aid still which starts this week. Can anyone advise? Is online course as good as physically going to the course? Do I I need to get anything else along side this? (child protection? – if so how do I do this?) – is the time scale for registering still the same?

Sorry – just in a flap because I was all set to go – p.s I’ve done the pre reg briefing which im not sure is a requirement or not.

Thank you!