Registration visit tomorrow
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Registration visit tomorrow

Hi there, completely new to all of this. I have a couple of questions and just wondering if anyone with recent experience of visit can help!
    Will they want to see my whole house? Or just the parts I'll use for minding?
    Do I have to have everything as it would be? We were decorating when I got the call yesterday. I sent forms on 19th June so you can appreciate why I'd given up on a visit before Christmas!!
    How long is a visit likely to last? He's not coming until 2pm!
    I was an EY teacher until July so I'm hoping I'll be okay with EYFS questions, it's the safety/preparing the house I'm worrying about.
    One more...
    I
    Will he tell me the outcome tomorrow? And if it's no will I just get time to sort things and go again?
    I realise, that was another two!
    Lx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

they will only normally look at the rooms you are using for cm but other rooms should be locked at the top of the door or safe if there's a chance children will be able to go in them - I assume you have a risk assessment for this anyway??

Normally 2 - 4 hours - it depends on the inspector. You should have a pre-registration booklet to complete with the questions your inspector is likely to ask.

Yes you will find out tomorrow. You'll be fine good luck!

Jan 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck Louise, let us know how you get on x

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

All went well and he said I was going to receive my certificate soon so I suppose that's it- I've done it thanks for your replies.
    Sarah- the booklet is apparently 'out of date' now and the inspector emailed me a list of about twenty questions the day before the visit. He then asked if I would type up my answers and email it back first thing today. It's been a bit of a panic really. Anyway, all sorted now!
    Now I can start thinking about insurance and the like
    Lx

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LouiseHorsfall View Post
    All went well and he said I was going to receive my certificate soon so I suppose that's it- I've done it thanks for your replies.
    Sarah- the booklet is apparently 'out of date' now and the inspector emailed me a list of about twenty questions the day before the visit. He then asked if I would type up my answers and email it back first thing today. It's been a bit of a panic really. Anyway, all sorted now!
    Lx
    Congratulations

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well done! Welcome to the wonderful world of childminding!

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LouiseHorsfall View Post
    Lx
    Brilliant news....it all starts now!

Just checked website and ofsted are still saying prepare by completing booklet - another inconsistancy!
    The inspector said on my visit a few weeks ago that the emphasis had changed to teaching and learning...but still suggested on the phone that preparing with booklet is still a good idea.

So, does it now depend on where you live how you prepare for visits???

Typing up questions the night before and emailing!!!!! Well done ....haven't heard of anyone having to do this ....is this the way forward in ofsted visits....will we eventually just submit our answers to questions????!!

Dec 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Awaiting ins
    Non childminder member
    Trainee childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats for making this thread! I have my pre reg visit on monday!!!

Ahhhh!

And wanted yo ask about getting out toys etc as if i were working- do i need to do this?

And 4 hours! Shes coming at 10.30 so that would make 2.30 and i have to leave at 2.15 for school run. Should i tell her this?

Im worrying like crazy!

:-/
    Amanda's Little Pandas Childminding

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Amandak28 View Post
    Thats for making this thread! I have my pre reg visit on monday!!!

Ahhhh!

And wanted yo ask about getting out toys etc as if i were working- do i need to do this?

And 4 hours! Shes coming at 10.30 so that would make 2.30 and i have to leave at 2.15 for school run. Should i tell her this?

Im worrying like crazy!

:-/
    I set up as if I was having mindees ....with a reason for each activity... It worked for me...helped me to remember in nervous situations about all the teaching and learning.... Stuff

Yes definately inform her of your time schedule ... They should work with you .

Good luck xx

Dec 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Awaiting ins
    Non childminder member
    Trainee childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    I set up as if I was having mindees ....with a reason for each activity... It worked for me...helped me to remember in nervous situations about all the teaching and learning.... Stuff Yes definately inform her of your time schedule ... They should work with you . Good luck xx

Ah ok think i will get out some happy land and croyons for mark making. Should cover all bases and a few toys for small babies.

Thanks, I'm just feeling like something will come up and i wont get approved :-(

This bit is the scary bit. X

Jan 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done louise and goodluck amanda for monday

Dec 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Awaiting ins
    Non childminder member
    Trainee childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahh my lady inspector called while i was hoovering and has been held up! Not coming till 11 now.
    I just hope its a quick visit :-/ x