Learning journals which books?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Learning journals which books?

Hello I need to start doing a learning journal for my 5 & 7 year old who started lady month. What books do you use? & where do you get them from?

Also is it something we have to do or Ofsted just likes us to do?

Many thanks

Registered Childminder since
    July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

You wont have to do one for children 5 and 7 You could do a scrap book if you wanted to do something as they will be at school most of the time.

I'm not 100% sure if the 5yr old needs a LJ , I've stopped doing them since Sept 12 but still have to make sure Im are following EYFS guidelines until he/she finishes foundation stage but just don't write stuff down anymore when they start school
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I do them up until the children start school then they get a scrap book and a choice of what they want to put in it.

I use my own paperwork and it goes in a lever arch file.

You will find lots of help and information on this thread

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/fo...lp-advice.html

Post Thanks / Like

I got some great ones from butterfly prints, there was. 25% voucher in last months nursery world magazine, there are fab! Let me see if I can find the email address to order them! X

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AdeleMarie88 View Post
    I got some great ones from butterfly prints, there was. 25% voucher in last months nursery world magazine, there are fab! Let me see if I can find the email address to order them! X
    Just opened my nursery world and found an advertisement for diaries, £2 each no minimum order, earlyyears.diary@butterflyprint.co.uk. Quote NWA1 when ordering and get 25% off!

This is. Post from sept, not sure if the voucher code wills till apply, but I am very happy with these learning journals, full of space for mindees to draw/write in too, and space for photos x