What is your daily/weekly routine?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What is your daily/weekly routine?

Hi all, Just wondering what your daily/weekly routines are - what is a day in the life of a childminder for you?

sept 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine is I get up and get my self ready then vacuum the house before mindees come at 7.30. Free play until all here and my daughters awake then about 8 we do breakfast. Pretty much from then we go on the school run. After school run we go to a group most days which there are a
    Variety of activities set up for them and normally incorporates some
    Outdoor time . On days we are at home I will have planned an activity for this time and we will
    Spend some time outside. Snack also happens during this time as well as story/singing time. We then come back sometimes if mindees tired they sleep and then have lunch but normally we eat lunch and then they sleep (this is most normally cooked meal) mindees will sleep anything from one hours to two hours and any awake children will have quiet time with books, puzzles and tv. Once all awake we have free play and snack then we are on the school run again. After school we have some simple (not too messy activities) such as drawing or this is often garden time before tea. Then it's pretty much getting ready for home time and a story. It's hard to fit a lot in when your fitting in all the general aspects of the routine.

Jan 14
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm pre reg so very interested to hear everyones routines or perhaps i'm just nosy

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok I'm up at 5...get me sorted, lunches sorted for my boys and the house quickly hoovered and bins emptied etc before my first LO arrives at 6:30...
    LO's arrive anytime from 6:30-8:30 and during this time they have free choice...
    School run from 8:30-9:00...
    Morning consists of either a group, walk, park...or if we are at home then a messy activity...snack fitted in around what we are doing...
    Lunch time somewhere between 12:00 & 13:00...
    Afternoon is quiet time...LO's sleep if needed, others look at books, do puzzles or drawing etc...
    School run from 15:00-15:30...
    After school activities...free play, activity at the table for older ones, listening to schoolies read and help with homework etc...rolling snack for different age groups...
    All start going home from 16:00 until last one leaves at 18:00 ish

Then it's dinner, my boys time, after school activities, paperwork, hubby time and bed

Then it starts all over again
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

amirose Guest

Mine changes almost everyday! But that's why I love the job!
    Monday- start at 9am, free play followed by stories and down for nap at 10am, I then spend the next two hours cooking/cooling/freezing the meals for the week (currently got shepherds pie and meatballs in tomato sauce on the go), 12pm lunch, off to soft play group for 1.00pm, leave at 2.30pm for school run, 3.30pm get home for free play, 4.45pm they sit down for tea and this is followed by TV and computer time - kids leave between 5.30-6.00pm
    Tuesday - pretty much the same as Moday except I use those two hours in the morning for learning journals and we go to a messy play group instead
    Wednesday - I don't work but I do the cleaning and run errands
    Thursday - start work at 8am, do the school run then meet my friend for a play date and have lunch with her then head home for nap by 12.30pm at the latest, I get two hours peace to eat my lunch and watch tv (lol), 2.30pm school run then same after school routine.
    Friday - start work at 8am, combination of free play and one to one sessions to work on next steps etc (for instance doing scissor practice with X, mark making for Y etc)head to our interactive story sessions at the local theatre for 10am, home by 11.30am for an early lunch, kids go down for nap, I have nap, I mean lunch (lol) and then off to school run at 2.30pm followed by our after school routine.

June 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Up at 6.30am, sort myself out then my 3 young children get up around 7am, come downstairs sort warm milk out and/or breakfast, get a selection of toys out, my kids get washed and dressed. Both mindee's arrive 8am, get them breakfast, 8.20am all get in car, drive to achool, drop my kids off at school/nursery. Go to a playground, music group, park or do activity at home, pick youngest up from nursery at 12pm, lunch 12.20pm, mindee's in bed 1-2.30pm. 3pm leave to pick other 2 kids plus after school mindee up, home, free play, dinner at 5pm, all gone by 6pm, my kids then chill in front of tv or do homework/reading.

Post Thanks / Like

I either start at 8 or 830... Up at 7 getting my three organised and out to school. Then do tidy up/ last min cleaning. 8-9 mindees arrive, do breakfast and free play., usually put a wash on before we go out ten ish to a group most days. Home 1130-12,
    Lunch then nap, up at 145 for school run. 230 home , mine do homework little ones do free play/ activity/ story time/ garden . 330/4 snack time, pack bags, do daily diaries. Home 5-530