Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Will soon be having my pre reg - Questions

Hi everyone,

I spoke to ofsted friday who say they have passed on my details to an inspector from prospect meaning I will very soon be having my pre reg visit!

So as usually happens to us all when its our turn, I have some questions....

1) When doing the booklet and answering question 1, did you all write just the activity you would do or have you also put what it promotes etc?
    e.g rolling ball back and forth encourages turn taking etc?
    Did you do 2 seperate activities or a shared activity for each area of learning? or did you cover both?

Have been sat here most of the morning and as seems to be the norm, I havent gotten very far as I keep doubting myself. lol.

2) Roughly how long or short were you answers? did you go full blown so you could ensure you fully answered each question (Will take me ages if so!) or did you just bullet point it?

3) Does it matter if you still have a few small things to do around the house regarding risk assessment such as fixing bath panel? adding a bolt to a door

4) Would it be better if I found care for my 2 year old? He is very chatty and likes adult company so I wouldnt get a word in edgeways.

My mind is like mush, am sure I will have more questions to come.sorry!

Thank you in advance to taking the time to read and help! xx

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE 1) When doing the booklet and answering question 1, did you all write just the activity you would do or have you also put what it promotes etc? e.g rolling ball back and forth encourages turn taking etc? Did you do 2 seperate activities or a shared activity for each area of learning? or did you cover both?

I did one for each age group

2) Roughly how long or short were you answers? did you go full blown so you could ensure you fully answered each question

A sentence each

3) Does it matter if you still have a few small things to do around the house regarding risk assessment such as fixing bath panel? adding a bolt to a door

I was advised to have everything ready as if I had kids on the premises that day. If the risk is small or you can put in a short term solution and you can explain it should be ok

4) Would it be better if I found care for my 2 year old? He is very chatty and likes adult company so I wouldnt get a word in edgeways. My MiL took my child out it meant the visit was short

My mind is like mush, am sure I will have more questions to come.sorry! Thank you in advance to taking the time to read and help! xx[/QUOTE]

Good luckxx

Oct 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Aww phew, thanks Dominique!

Life saver

I have been ploughing away at the other questions which aren't as bad so far.haha.

So glad I didn't continue down the route I was going to take, think it would have been a book in itself

xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You will be asked questions verbally - the booklet is to help focus you on the types of things they want to check you know.

You don't have to write an essay just make sure you understand the questions and know how to answer.

Good luck!

Oct 13
    Post Thanks / Like

I know Sarah, my problem is i want it all to hand should my mind go blank on me!

I tend to be the type of person who over complicates things unfortunately..lol.

Oct 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Aargh! Have had the call..... The inspector wanted to come tomorrow so I told her I was working (which I am but I also haven't filled in the rest of my booklet) so now she is coming next Monday!

Started doubting myself today if I could do it, I work as a deputy supervisor in a nursery so I know I can but it's all on your shoulders...eek. My little boys life is about to have some big changes, so is my family as a whole but I'm doing it for them to make life better..I hope!

I will write up a review as soon as she has been.

Thank you to the whole forum users that take time to post and reply, I have learnt a great deal and hope to help other people and continue learning on here.

X

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

exciting. I am waiting for the call. I feel like I have so much to do but don't really know what and where to start. Good luck with yours, would be great to hear feed back

Oct 13
    Post Thanks / Like

I know, it's hard to concentrate on one thing isn't it!

I had my policies etc done by the time I was half way through my pre reg course
    Have done my own permission forms
    Have my risk assessments done, just! This weekend will be spent doing the last couple bits needing doing.
    My training and I.d is somewhere so need,to put them in a folder
    Have car insurance already, reminds me I need to dig out insurance cert and mot cert
    Booklet still to finish
    Playroom needs a sort through
    House will be thoroughly cleaned haha
    Child will go to parents

Just need to sort out ico payment and also pli. I'm also looking into getting an assistant so that will be next! More policies and paperwork.groan.

I started the process back in April time, looking into course and it has been a long time but it's also been needed just so I could get the paperwork done plus my mum in law passed away April so the year has been tough.

Good luck with yours too Hun.x

Jan 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck little_steps you are nearly there now. One last push to get everything done.
    I'm waiting for the call myself, all I have done is live, breathe and sleep childminding and in the meantime my house has gone to rack and ruin
    Guess you have a very busy week in front of you.

Oct 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks tulip.

I have found that too, live, sleep,eat and breathe childminding, it's taken a whole but when it comes you still don't feel ready.

I'm working full time all week too so it will be very busy!

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck! I'm waiting too! Just had my final DBS check through so just ofsted to go. They came quickly to you didn't they! Must do my booklet!

Oct 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I had my visit yesterday and it wasn't anywhere near as bad as I thought. I was given 3 days notice so it was a bit panicked but I have been waiting since June for this when I sent my forms off.

The lady doing it also had her boss there to evaluate her so she did forewarn me that she wouldn't be able to prompt me if I was unsure on anything. So anything I got stuck on I just had to keep talking, a lot, until she finally said "yes thats it, thank you Clare"

I completed the booklet in bullet points making it easier to read. She asked a few questions that weren't on there such as what info do you need for child record forms (eg, DOB, address, emgergency contact details etc), I have the PACEY forms so it was all on there. She also asked about caring for a child with English as a 2nd language.

The whole thing lasted 2 1/2 hours. She had a very quick look at the play room, bathroom and kitchen and the process was carried on in my lounge (so wasn't worth spending the whole weekend scrubbing the house from top to bottom!!).

She didn't look at my risk assessments but did check in detail my Safeguarding and Complaints policies.

She didn't ask the questions in the same order as the booklet so be prepared for lots of flicking backwards and forwards through it. Also the first question where you list the activities she wanted one for a young child AND one for a 4 year old for each of the 7 areas of DM and to also break these down into the subsections (which I hadn't done). So for Physical Development I had to give examples of activities for 'Moving and Handling' and 'Health and Self Care'. So had to think on my feet for the areas I hadn't done!!

Good luck :-)

Oct 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks bobbin bubbles! Good luck with yours when it comes, I can't imagine it being too long now

Get that pre reg booklet completed asap x

Thanks for your feedback Clare, congratulations on completing yours!

I'm now doing my booklet bullet pointed as I was in trouble of writing too much.lol.

I'm glad they don't look too thoroughly though i shall still be having a good ole clean and clear out haha.

Did you get your contracts and pli before the visit then? I have heard some inspectors like it already in place but I won't start my first minded until beginning November so seems silly having it too early....

Oct 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I did join Pacey early and get their insurance and contracts etc. mainly because I thought this process would be completed by August as I sent my application form beginning of June and I also wanted to get my head round paperwork whilst I had time!

She did like the fact I had the record forms and accident and injury forms but it wouldn't matter if you didn't have any yet. Just need to be able to say you will buy them / make your own.

Post Thanks / Like

Fab work Claire! Sounds like you nailed it!! Little steps... Good luck for Monday. I am doing pre reg booklet at the minute. Brilliant advise from you all! Thank you so much! X

Oct 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks BB! Will let you know as much as I can remember afterwards