using a bedroom for main cm area?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default using a bedroom for main cm area?

Hello,
    I have a question, are you allowed to use one of your children's room as the main room for cm? What I am meaning by this is, that the room has all the appropriate toys and theres a childrens table and activities etc are all set up and available in the room. Have you heard of Cm doing this? Obviously the lounge would be available for mindees to, but its not the bigest lounge to be fair.

Any input would be appreciated.

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I can't see a problem so long as it's risk assessed and all the safety features (stair gate etc) is in place

Post Thanks / Like

Okay thats good news.

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

The only problem I see is your child having to share not only you and her house but her very own bedroom too. I can see that giving you lots of gip.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah but doesnt mean it cane be done though does it? and my dd is only 10months old.

sept 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Think you would find it fine now at 10 months old but not so easy when she hits three

Post Thanks / Like

I was just wondering if it was okay under Ofsted is all. I wasn't sure if you was able to or not.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as I know there aren't any rules that say you couldn't do it. if you think about it, many nurseries have upstairs playrooms.

Personally I wouldn't want to spend a lot of my time in one room. I like to drift around the house rather than being In one room, but that's just me. It's something you'd have to try out to see how it works in practice.

9. Likes ziggy liked this post
    Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I live in a dormer bungalow ... The children are allowed in all the downstairs rooms including my children's bedroom 's...unless children are sleeping in them.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Loushah View Post
    I live in a dormer bungalow ... The children are allowed in all the downstairs rooms including my children's bedroom 's...unless children are sleeping in them.
    Very good point. I automatically assumed it was an upstairs bedroom the OP was talking about.

Of course, if it's a downstairs bedroom, it really isn't any different to letting the minded children in any room.

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

There have been posts on here before where childminders have turned upstairs rooms into playrooms, there is no issue with this at all from a legal point of view, obviously risk assessments need to be done.
    As your lo gets older you could always change things around

Post Thanks / Like

Default hi

hI, I probably should of been more specific, i live in a 2bed 1 floor flat so the bedroom wouldnt be upstairs. I wouldnt be just in the bedroom all day either. Id go mad haha, but thought of having all the toys, table and chairs etc in the bedroom as the main area.