Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Food Business Visit tomorrow

Hi,

I have the local Council coming to inspect me tomorrow with a view to me providing meals. Anyone know what I should expect? I have obvioulsy given my fridge a good clean, and made sure I have no mouldy cheese but should I have organised coloured chopping boards? (Red for raw meat, green for veggies, blue for fish etc..) Do they check the freezer too?! I spent so long preparing for the pre reg visit a couple of weeks ago, I have barely given this a second thought, but am regretting it a bit now

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Some inspectors look for a food probe... fridge temperature thingy ... copy of safer food better business for childminders... antibac cleaner...

You'll be fine! Ask lots of questions and put them off looking too much

july 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, it is a while since I had an inspection, but it was very relaxed. Certainly the inspector wasn't trying to catch me out. However I do write down the fridge temp each day, and fill in the better food better business file and I have done a level 2 food hygiene. The inspector didn't open any cupboards, or look in the fridge. I had my paperwork to hand, but she was more happy just to ask one or two questions.
    Hopefully yours will be too. I think they just want to know that you know what you need to do to handle food safely. If you are just registered and don't yet have any minded children yet, they can't expect you to have many records in place.
    Just be confident and tell them what you will do and what you will have in place once children start,
    I hope it all goes well for you.