Pre reg visit .. What was asked  and how it went :)
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face Pre reg visit .. What was asked and how it went :)

Hi, I was really nervous prior to my pre reg visit so thought I'd give you all some advice
    It was nowhere near as bad as anticipated. Mrs O was actually lovely! put me at ease instantly! She arrived 3hrs early omg!! Was shaking like a leaf when i answered the door and she showed me her id. Was slightly worried as i Hadn't finished tidying only to realise she had come to the wrong appointment so she promptly left and returned bk 3hrs later. Phew!
    She had phoned me 1 week prior to the visit and asked me to complete the pre reg questions which I had . Because she had messed up the appointments she was in a rush so asked me to type all my answers up and email to her instead of going through them all to my relief. So she just read my answers and anything she wanted clarifying she just asked.
    She did ask additional questions tho..
    How I would accommodate a child with a disability.
    How would i communicate and plan ahead for a child who's second language is English.
    Who to contact in regards to safeguarding concerns
    How to plan with children not meeting the EYFS.
    What food I would provide.
    We had a very brief walk round my house and i informed her of anything I had done or was going to do to ensure it was safe. All was fine no recommendations.
    She checked all certificates and Id then continued to have a very brief look at my policies and procedures. I had also completed lots of paperwork eg evaluations forms , observation trackers, themes ideas, welcome pack, learning journals , daily diaries visitor books and risk assesment books which she was impressed with so maybe helped the process along. Overall was only here just over an hr! .

So any advice or questions feel free to message me xx

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks for your feedback

Post Thanks / Like

Glad it went ok for you

Brilliant feedback ,thanks for sharing

Angel xxx

Post Thanks / Like

Hi! Well done with this! really good to gear positive outcome! Just preparing for this myself #nervous! How long after your reg forms, med form, payment etc did you receive your visit? I'm racing against time to be ready for September!

Pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

The whole process seemed pretty lengthy to be honest. My forms were sent in April . Only just had my visit 3 months later. So I wouldn't rush as its quite a wait