Post Thanks / Like

Oh dear

Registered Childminder since
    Reg 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

just called for an update to be told it is sat on the desk in date time order and they have a backlog!!! hhmmmm why didnt they say that monday, instead of saying on monday it would be done that day. then on wednesday saying it will be done today or tomorrow. both times a lie basically. as now thursday and still not done. they are saying it will be done by friday now!!! really dont believe them anymore.

if they had just said from the start we have a backlog, i wouldnt of been bugging them all the time and be so cross at the fact they keep telling me it will be done that day, when so obviously won't. its the waiting and frustration, this whole process is a nightmare-they dont tell you that at the starting to childmind meetings-this pushes a saints patience.

rant over. hopefully my parent will wait another week to be signed up, as she is wanting to be signed asap, and has been chasing me-wont blame her if she gets fed up with waiting. plus have parent view tomorrow for school holiday cover and it could be pushing it a bit, as schools break up we rant ek on tuesday!
    rant over now, and back to making a pirate shipw ith my little boy before the school run!

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Karen1...welcome to the wonderful world of Ofsted lol!! Eight years ago I was in the same situation...waiting for my certificate and it took ages. They don't rush themselves for anyone!
    Maybe when my registration fee is due next I'll phone them and say 'its on my desk, but I have a backlog of bills to pay' lol lol lol!!!

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

4. Likes Karen1 liked this post
    Mar 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Just curious to know ( not that I am saying for this to happen) but would she be able to look after the children for no pay, then once she gets her certificate receive extra payment ? Or something along those lines!. Just asking the question

6. Likes Karen1 liked this post
    Reg 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

Like your comment bumble bees, think I would like to do that! Lol, but bet they would have a fit.

Hi bindy, you can care for only two hours a day without cert! Plus I really just want to start normally and properly.

My parent to sign has really been asking now, and think she is getting well annoyed, don't blame her,. I saw her week after inspection too. Fed up. Am going to ring again Monday, surely they will do it then. Even if its on the net, I can care surely.

K

Mar 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Karen 1 could you go to their house and look after kiddies as a nanny? until you can child mind? Trying to think of something so you don't lose this lady or do you think she will wait? It's a crazy situation to be in, I feel for you.

9. Likes Karen1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You can look after for free for any hours, it is less than two hours with pay

11. Likes Karen1 liked this post
    Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Baby sitting is fine and unlimited. You can take them out as well but not more than two hours at a time at your house.
    'It's never too late to have a happy childhood' ( Tom Robinson)

13. Likes Karen1 liked this post
    Reg 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ah thank you all for the replies, that helps me. It def gives me an option to mention to her. Thanks for that. Am going to chase again on Monday. Thank you again, as it clears up the two hours thing. Thanks

Reg 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Rang earlier and it's in the post! Second class but should be here soon. Thank you.

Thank you for all your replies and keeping me sane. Really pleased it will be here ASAP and can get sorted and sign my lady up now.

I am a childminder and really excited to get started.

Woo hoo what a long wait. Total of 18 weeks from start to finish.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12