Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: toy storag

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Default toy storag

Hi everyone

I'm in the process of becoming a childminder, hopefully, get test results soon. Anyway thinking forward with positive thinking and all that I was wondering what everyone uses or does to keep toys/resources neat and tidy for ease of use each day.

I do have children but only one young one left with toys and they are all in different shapes and sizes of all sorts of boxes etc, so not really professional or easy to choose for playing with.

Any help much appreciated and sorry if I have posted in wrong link but still sussing the site out.
    Its brill upto now has helped me loads already with p&p's etc.
    Keep up the great work.

Jul 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have an expedit unit from Ikea. I think there are quite a lot of us on here with the same. They are quite good if you don't want your house to look too much like a nursery because you can get reed baskets and doors to hide some of the clutter. They are not very expensive either. The only downside is that some bigger toys don't fit in them.

dec 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I would also advise on expedit I think they are the nicest looking ones and cheap :-) I unfortunately got my from argos for more than double the price and there not as nice :-( but I like the fabric boxes that go inside them wasn't keen on the plastic ones from ikea. X

sept 94
    Post Thanks / Like

we use the Trofast ones from Ikea, the unit's come in different sizes and also the boxes come in different sizes and colours so you can mix and match them

Cathy

Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Default toy storage

Thank you all very much, I will make a trip to Ikea and have a look at their range.

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I have a conservatory where I store all my toys, I have the Ikea Trofast units, I would recommend although some of my plastic boxes have split where the runners are, I need to replace some of them, they aren't that expensive though. As others have said the Expedit units are nice, especially if you don't have a separate area to store the toys and have to keep them in your dining room or lounge, look alot nicer with the wicker baskets, I would definitely go for them if I didn't have the conservatory.

Mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm an Ikea trofast unit user as well. I find them smart tiday and child friendly.

But get used to being untidy, my darlings can create a complete mess as soon as your back is turned. wouldn't have it any other way.

8. Likes KGill liked this post
    Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have expedit from Ikea too - got the drona fabric boxes - in pink and green - they are fab - you can fit loads in them. I went to Ikea to get the trofast units and came across the Expedit - the white colour was seriously reduced - so it made more sense to get these.
    Easy to make up as well.

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    West Sussex
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just recently replaced my toy storage and now have ikea expedit with the drona boxes. My playroom looks like a different room now, all neat and tidy and then I have some shelves in an alcove for boxes games/puzzles.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the pine storage units from Argos (though I would love the Expedit ones, but can't justify replacing them ) The Argos ones are good in that they hold the plastic storage boxes which you can get lots in, and as they are pine they don't chip ect.