Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    June 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Which safeguarding course?

Hi, I need to complete a safeguarding course as im in the process of registering. Iv spoke to my local council and they have said i have to complete a basic course plus a two day course as a desginated person which will cost a hundred pound a day? This seems quite expensive to me. Any one else ding safeguarding pre reg?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I just have a basic child protection course and ofsted seem happy with that, although as I renewed my train subscription yesterday I did wonder if I am supposed to have designated person training as well, but neither of my friends hold it either.

Post Thanks / Like

We are just doing a 6 hour couse for Designated Senior Members of Staff (or something like that ), we were advised by our Improvement Officer that this was what was needed for us, but it only cost us £15, so I would be checking that you can't get something cheaper!! £100 a day seems awfully expensive

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Your course must be local authority approved - it says so in the EYFS.

I think all courses are going to cost money in the future - very little will be free any more but that price does sound excessive so maybe ask for an alternative.

And yes you need to do another one - the one from your pre-reg course is not enough. A childminder has this as an action on her recent inspection report.

Hth

jan 85
    Post Thanks / Like

I accessed my LA online training site last week and it says that the Safeguarding course is now cut to only 3 hours , and it's still free!