My own children adapting
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default My own children adapting

Hi I am currently In the process of becoming registered and getting worried about how my on children will adapt to having more children around that need my attention too! I have. 4 year old who will be starting school this year an she is old enough to understand but I also have a20 month old who likes a lot of mummy's attention!

Has anybody had any problems with this? Hopefully he will be fine!

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leah.kyranidis View Post
    Hi I am currently In the process of becoming registered and getting worried about how my on children will adapt to having more children around that need my attention too! I have. 4 year old who will be starting school this year an she is old enough to understand but I also have a20 month old who likes a lot of mummy's attention!

Has anybody had any problems with this? Hopefully he will be fine!
    I worried about my 2 year old son as he only had myself and my wife and no siblings; has rarely spent any time away from us. But apart from the odd occasion where he gets a bit jealous, generally he has loved having other children around to play with, especially now he has got to know them.

Your LO will be fine, you just have to them them get used to the other children

Mar 06
    Post Thanks / Like

children generally adapt very quickly. Your little one will probably enjoy the company. The reason I looked at childminding in the first place was because my eldest started school and my second dd didn't know what to do - she'd always had another child around

June 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My son has always been used to having to share me as I returned to work as a nanny when he was 9 weeks old. He always loved the company though and struggled on breaks from work as he is an only child and no children in the family. Since childminding he has loved it asks for minded children on the weekend too and good at sharing his toys and me too.
    We made sure he has toys in his room that are not sharing toys and is his own space so he feels he is not sharing everything etc.
    I am sure your little ones will love their new playmates too:-)