Whats been your best source of advertising?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    dec 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Whats been your best source of advertising?

Hi all

So I have been registered for a couple of weeks now :-) I know everything doesn't happen overnight and I'm trying to be patient

dec 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Oops didn't mean to post that.... So I've signed up to childcare.co.uk, going to advertise on *****, yell, local council family information website. I've got 500 leaflets on the way so going to go nurseries, baby and toddler groups anywhere really that will put them up.

So was just wondering whats works best for everyone where they get most of there enquiries from?

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

For me its been word of mouth. But I did put postcard in post office and local shops etc... hth xx
    If all else fails......add glitter!

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by silvermist View Post
    For me its been word of mouth. But I did put postcard in post office and local shops etc... hth xx
    Word of mouth is generally the best. have you got a childminding group near you they may pass business on
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

My first mindee came from covering sickness for another minder and that happened again when I moved areas. Make friend with some local minders and offer to cover sickness and holidays and ask them to pass on your number if they have enquiries they can't accommodate. Once you start word of mouth tends to bring in the most work.

Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

All my enquiries have been word of mouth - had ordered little postcards to go in shops etc but haven't put them up yet as happy with the numbers I have just now as still very new to all this!

Mine were word of mouth through the toddler group (know some of the mums as they have kids at my daughter school) and just from telling people in passing and them passing it on and a local childminder passed on one enquiry to me she couldn't accomodate.

Make sure you leave some leaflets and the local groups, community centres and nurserys etc.

Hope the calls come soon

July 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had some enquires from Childcare.co.uk, about as many from my Facebook page, 2 word of mouth, 1 from *****, 1 from Yell, 1 from signs on my car. I also tell everyone I meet that I'm a childminder (walking the dog helps to meet people). I've now joined the local childminding group and had 2 enquires from other minders.

I had 2 people that wanted to sign up before visiting me based on my FB page. Lots of pictures of kids doing (very) messy play, dens and outdoor exploring (all the things that make us different).

I've also registered my details with Google so if you type in childminder and town name I come up on the first page with a map showing where I am. I'm also registered with every free web site that I could find, I search for childminder and my town and then registered of every site that came up.

I registered in August and only have 2 days with spaces for under 5's. Have more spaces for after school but I think up north in a smallish town there are a lot of extended families that can help with after school care.

Good luck

Sept 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Most of my work has come from childcare.co.uk. I'd recommend paying for gold membeship it's well worth it

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Childcare.co.uk / word of mouth at the school gates and telling everyone that I have vacancies (not the time to be shy) / local family information services website / other childminders passing my details on if they are full / my website...

Good luck!

dec 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all for your replies I was guessing word of mouth would be a popular one ;-) as I have a 16 month old I go to lots of toddler groups so make sure I tell everyone I can. I also have 6 year old so tell everyone I can from the school. I've had two enquiries through childcare.co.uk ( I've upgraded) hopefully something will come if it :-) there's just so many childminders where i am there's about 8 or 9 that cover the school my eldest goes to, on the upside they all seem rather busy though.

Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

The fact you are at the school and go to the toddler groups is great - also take your son to library groups, parks etc sure you will have something soon

Feb 12
    Non childminder member
    nanny
    Post Thanks / Like

i have found all my clients through childcare.co.uk

May 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Word of mouth, my website and fb page hth xx

Post Thanks / Like

Word of mouth is how I get most of my work with occasional calls from people who've looked at families information service website.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Apr 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Heidilunn did you have Gold membership when you got your mindees through Childcare.co.uk? I'm debating whether or not to upgrade and not sure if it will be worth the £19.99 a month!
    Thanks