Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

I collect from a small village school 3 days a week and there is another cm there who will not smile at or acknowledge me at all. I have heard so many parents saying she grumpy etc but it just annoys me that shes like this. I even said hello to her once but she totally blanked me!! Needless to say I dont bother anymore x
    If all else fails......add glitter!

july 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it is such a shame so many on here find it difficult at their local groups or with other childminders. Childminding by its nature can be very isolating, just like a new mum really, and I couldnt cope if I didnt have another childminder just to have a moan or a laugh with.
    Most of the childminders here are lovely, but one or two do keep themselves to themselves, and I know I am regarded with suspicion by one or two of the very experienced childminders (minding 20+ years!!!) as I do attend reguar training and the iabn's etc as I think it important to stay on top of new developments, because they are of the opinion that if they dont know about it they can't be held to account. My fault really because I have told them that will no longer wash. I should learn not to be so blunt, I suppose, but meant it for the best when they were being catty about what I do.
    But, we are all individuals, and work our own way, which is great, and it doesn't take much to offer a helping hand to each other when we are fazed by what is sometimes a very demanding job.

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree that childminding can be a lonely job at times and I do find myself chatting like a wild thing to anyone who visits during the day.lol. I dont go to groups for the same reasons as most on here but do think thats sad.However, I do see this forum as the friendship and support I need and knowing that the people on here do actually care means alot to me.
    If all else fails......add glitter!

June 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I must be thick skinned as have come acrossed these people but choose to still attend, have a great time and ignore them lmao ;o)

5. Likes scottishlass liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12