Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: starting out...

Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Default starting out...

hello everyone (waves)

last year i trained to be a science teacher (secondary) but hated the politics - then became preg with my daughter.

now im considering childminding in the future- how long does it take? where do i start? where can i signup for training/course?

im looking to do a homebased course to get that under belt as need to move to my own home as currentky in a flat- plus my daughter is newborn so thinking of a year or two- what can i do in that time frame??

sorry for all the questions

help

xxx

Registered Childminder since
    dec 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

Altough im not registered yet should be within a couple of weeks. I started by contacting my local council who put me in contact with someone from the ncma who got everything started for me. I was lucky and everything has happened quickly for me. The first thing i did was go on a briefing session which was held on a saturday morning and this covered quite alot in regards to what happens next.

It definitely depends on where you live on how things happen and how quickly but for me from start to finish will probably be about 3 months.

Theres a course that can be done online for around £120 but my council covers mine i only have to pay £20. Again all areas are different best place to start is with the council.

xxx

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Not all local authorities will accept the online CYPOP5 course. Mine doesn't, so I had to attend two mornings. Your local council website should have details about their pre-reg briefing course and how to book a place on that for more information.