Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Bit Confused??

Registered Childminder since
    17/8/12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bit Confused??

Hello. Ive been reading all threads and comments on here for quite a while now and now im hoping all you lovely ladies (& men) will be able to answer something thats bugging me!
    I had my phone call this morning saying my pre reg visit will be on the 6th of Aug and that i needed to know the new EYFS...all good so far... then she said that i prob wont be registered till after sept anyway so not to worry about the old EYFS. I was hoping to be reg before sept as i have mindees waiting and if im not reg before sept ive got to finish my homebased childcare course first? Does it really take that long from visit to registration????

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I did it the other way round, CYPOP first (12 weeks with the LA), first aid, then registered/CRB'd/Health Declaration

The CRB check itself took bloomin ages! - thank goodness it was only the one

If you already have your CRB, health declaration and first aid, and your visit goes well, then I think BEFORE sept, you have 6 months to do the CYPOP course. It all changes after september

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Either way, as a newly registered minder I believe you can go straight into the new EYFS.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

From 1st Sept you have to have finished your pre-reg course before you can be registered ... it's a requirement of the revised EYFS

17/8/12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanx ladies. Have all other things in place so hope visit goes ok an will get my cert thru b4 sept so that gives me a bit more time to do the homebase course!

July 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I received my certificate just under a week after my pre-reg, so providing Ofsted have all of your checks back, then theres no reason why you shouldn't be registered within a week or so.

Good luck!

July 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My certificate arrived within 5 days of my pre reg visit at the beginning of July. The inspector mainly asked me questions about the current EYFS and didn't seem that bothered about the revised EYFS. I made references to the EYFS changes due in September which may or may not have helped the process along, I don't really know!

Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope everything works out in time for you
    xx