CYPOP5 Task one - legislation
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Post CYPOP5 Task one - legislation

Help! Im sure im not the first person to ask about this, but ive just started my CYPOP5 this morning and I'm feeling somewhat overwhelmed already by my first task! Can anyone who's already passed give me an idea of what they expect for this task? So far, I have written a short paragraph about 4 specific legislatiosn that are relevant to homebased childcare, with a brief sentence about how I will apply this in my home setting. I have set this out like an information sheet to hand to parents on their first visit. Im now about to write some info explaining who Ofsted are and what they do. Is this what my assessor is expecting?? The task outline was so very brief its difficult to know how much they expect you to write!

2. Likes Diane Boyd liked this post
    Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Firstly - Breathe!
    It's all a little daunting to begin with, particularly when you're being bombarded with new information

Second - did you take any notes at the time? I found making notes throughout the session helped me to remember half of what was said that I'd forgotten by the time I got home

Third - Have you been given Sheila Riddall-Leech's book yet (Home-based Childcare for childminders and nannies), don't worry if you haven't, I think we got ours by about the 3rd session through the post. That really helped.

Fourth - you will find that you will add to this task as the course develops so don't panic about trying to get it all in now. As you settle down you will redo, change, reword and redo again at least half a dozen times before you submit it

The assessor will be expecting you to have researched the information they're asking for so that you have an understanding of what's expected of you.
    There isn't (or wasn't when I did mine a year ago) a word count - something I found difficult. However, I did 2 sides of an A4 in Ariel Narrow font size 12, and it was signed off, so I must have covered everything they needed.

I talked about the various laws in place, why they were there, and the ones specific to home based childcare.
    I then gave a brief summary of the important bits from each, and explained how I would incorporate them into my business.
    I continued with an explanation of who the regulatory body was, and what they were, and what they do.

HTH

4. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default CYPOP5 task one - legislation

Thank you Chrissy!

Im doing the CYPOP online, so the only information I have is the wonderbook everyone mentions (by Sheila R-L) and by Googling. Ive filled two sides of A4. I chose four legisations relevant to childminding, detailed what they mean and how I will apply that in my setting. I then wrote about Ofsted, who they are, what they do, their four key areas, and how they register and regulate childminders. Ive now submitted it to my assessor and am awaiting feedback.....

Hopefully, it will be good news!

What i found most confusing was the task says

* Consider 4 pieces of legislation that are important for home based childcarers and how you would outline these to Anjum’s parents?
    * How would you go about outlining the regulatory body and its 4 roles to Anjum’s parents?

I wasnt sure if I should be writing about HOW i will go over these with the parents, or just to produce the information itself. Oh well, we'll soon find out!

Thanks for your help!

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I have just started this course and am stuck on this question, it's so confusing as they ask about Anjum's parents but then ask 'Outline the current legislation covering home based childcare' so im unsure what to write! How did you get on?

Thanks

July 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default example

can someone please share their work just to give us an example how it should be set out.

Thanks
    Humaira

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I would be happy to send a sample of mine so you can see how it's done, pm me with your email :-)

9. Likes hells bells, Vicky98 liked this post
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dillydally View Post
    I would be happy to send a sample of mine so you can see how it's done, pm me with your email :-)
    Please can you also send me a sample of your work so i can see how it is done?
    My email address is <email address removed for confidentiality please use PM service>

11. Likes Vicky98 liked this post
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default help me please :)

where do i find out the current legislation's for task 1 so confused already
    thank you

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

please could i have a look at someone elses just to see how they have layed it out.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default cypop5 task one

Quote Originally Posted by lucy.crick View Post
    Please can you also send me a sample of your work so i can see how it is done?
    My email address is <email address removed for confidentiality please use PM service>
    please please please would you be kind enough to send me a sample of your work,i am at a lose with this an feeling already!

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I need help pls

please please where do i find out the current legislation's for task 1,am so confused already

June 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Help with task one

Hello please also can I have help with task one as there are so many things a childminder needs to provide I'm not entirely sure what they are asking for..... Panic
    Sam

pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Npg1 View Post
    I have just started this course and am stuck on this question, it's so confusing as they ask about Anjum's parents but then ask 'Outline the current legislation covering home based childcare' so im unsure what to write! How did you get on?

Thanks
    Who's Anjum? I'm working through my cypop5 and am a bit worried, there is so much legislation - do I need to cover it all?

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

It sounds to me as if all of you need to get a good text book! This one is good.

Home-Based Childcare Student Book: Level 3 Unit CYPOP 5: Amazon.co.uk: Sheila Riddall-Leech: Books

If you look at pages 18 and 19 all you need is there in a big table.

If you order it from Amazon tonight you will have it in the next couple of days and it will help you throughout your course.

It is not good practice to share each others work, you need to do it yourself if you are really going to benefit from the course and learn what you need to learn to become a good Childminder.

I suspect the reference to explain it to a parent is more to make you focus on the key important points and not to go into too much complicated detail. In order to Childminder you need to be aware of Current Legislation that will have an effect on how you are allowed to run your business and what is there to protect both you as the practitioner and the child in your care.

Take a deep breath and don't panic.

Remember the CYPOP 5 course is there to help you begin to learn all about Childminding and the basic musts you will have to follow in your practice along with practical information about Child Development and how to get started. Although you have to 'pass' the tasks if you take them one at a time they are not that hard. If in doubt to not hesitate but to ask your Tutor they are there to help you and get you through the course sucessfully. They should answer any questions you have and it shouldn't matter how often you have to ask them.
    Last edited by rickysmiths; 24-02-2013 at 07:34 PM.