CRB back today, only took 8 days!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default CRB back today, only took 8 days!

Yey Ive had my CRB check through the post today, only sent the form to Ofsted 8 days ago so a very quick turn around! What other checks do I need to wait for? Ive not had my pre eeg visit yet and I'm doing my first aid course next tue and wed is there anything else that could delay the process?

Jun 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I hope that mine are that quick, they were received yesterday. Well maybe I don't, I'm not ready yet

Have you sent in your references, and health dec? Is your social services check back?

I was told that the request for a visit is sent to Ofsted five weeks from the initial receipt of your application OR on the date that your CRBs are received by you, whichever is first. The company which visits then have four weeks within which to visit you - I guess that means you are just waiting for the call now!

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh really thats useful to know, I could be registered within 4 weeks then yikes!! not had my socialservices check back yet but have sent heslth dec and references. Hope yours goes smoothly too x

June 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My husbands CRB came back yesterday but no sign of mine yet!! Think we only sent his off about 3/4 weeks ago, seems to have come through really quick!

No idea where mine is :/ haha

From sending off all of the CRB forms, verification of ID etc my pre reg visit is next week so it will have been about 5 weeks in total xx

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that was very quick!

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

dec 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh lucky you when I did mine a few years ago it took 6 months, I rang ofsted several times and in the end they sent a letter to who ever does them giving them 10 days to sort it out, there was such a back log with the police checks, nightmare. I'm glad they seem to off sorted it out now.
    I had parents waiting to start with me but couldn't.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

It was very quick, dont know if it might be because I had a CRB done about 6 months ago to be a parent helper in school, maybe my details were all readily available i'm not complaining though!!

May 12
    Post Thanks / Like

You're so lucky!

Mine took 4 weeks and hubby almost 8!

june 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Valencia View Post
    You're so lucky!

Mine took 4 weeks and hubby almost 8!
    I am in this boat at the min, mine is back after 5 weeks but they still have hubby's been 7 weeks!! aggggggg