Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: feeling fed up

Registered Childminder since
    june 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default feeling fed up

Hi all, well after having the high of getting smoothly through my pre reg visit, i am now feeling very deflated as my crb checks are still stuck at stage 4 and they have been that way for over 3 weeks now! and having just called ofsted i have now found out that my ss checks from the previous borough i used to live in still haven't come back either and again they have had those for about a month now feeling very fed up, I am all ready to go but can not do a thing until these are back, struggling financially too at the mo, just wanna start working.
    Has anyone else experienced all these hold ups?

May 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I Know how you feel!! I had my visit yesterday, all was fine and all checks back but inspector has decided my son (who doesn't even live here but visits now and again) needs a crb check When I rang ofsted to see which address to put, they said he doesn't need one! So I have to wait until they decide who is right and even then may have to wait for his crb...so frustrating!!! xx

june 12
    Post Thanks / Like

well finally got my crb back, then managed to sort out the ss problem, turned out ss said they had never recieved it and ofsted said they sent it in march and with follow up letters, never did get to the bottom of what really happened but after much moaning and many phone calls ofsted ended up just emailing my forms and they were done by ss that very day, any way i cant believe it but im still waiting on my husbands crb!! this is really taking forever!! so frustrated!!
    my advice to any one out there who is about to go through the registration process, would be make sure you put your crb checks in first before you do any thing else, i never ever would have thought it would take this long, and also make sure you chase things up, i could have still been sitting here in 6 months waiting for the ss check to be done and it had never been sent in the first place!!
    oh well with any luck it will be all done by then end of this week, mind you i keep saying that

Jan 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's hard as you can't do a lot. I remember when I registered hubby's came back within about 3 weeks, and my CRB took 14 weeks!

It's horrible knowing that as soon as they get it your cert will be sent & you can start. Hopefully you won't have to wait too much longer.

Xx

May 12
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

glad its got sorted my crb is stuck at stage 4 and still havent heard from ofsted to do visit every time my phone rings i get all excited but its never them

june 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah c View Post
    glad its got sorted my crb is stuck at stage 4 and still havent heard from ofsted to do visit every time my phone rings i get all excited but its never them
    Owww, i know, its sooooo frustrating!! feel like im going insane at times. My crb was stuck there for about 5 weeks! and my husband's is still there!!
    Have you called ofsted to see whats happening? they are really good on the phone, i have been pestering them almost daily, lol, i think they do understand that we just want to start working! All these hoops we have had to go through and we are still not there yet, its driving me crazy!! let us know how you get on

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kaykaymoo View Post
    well finally got my crb back, then managed to sort out the ss problem, turned out ss said they had never recieved it and ofsted said they sent it in march and with follow up letters, never did get to the bottom of what really happened but after much moaning and many phone calls ofsted ended up just emailing my forms and they were done by ss that very day, any way i cant believe it but im still waiting on my husbands crb!! this is really taking forever!! so frustrated!!
    my advice to any one out there who is about to go through the registration process, would be make sure you put your crb checks in first before you do any thing else, i never ever would have thought it would take this long, and also make sure you chase things up, i could have still been sitting here in 6 months waiting for the ss check to be done and it had never been sent in the first place!!
    oh well with any luck it will be all done by then end of this week, mind you i keep saying that
    Hope its sorted by the end of the week

Fingers crossed

Angel xx

june 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mum2two View Post
    It's hard as you can't do a lot. I remember when I registered hubby's came back within about 3 weeks, and my CRB took 14 weeks!

It's horrible knowing that as soon as they get it your cert will be sent & you can start. Hopefully you won't have to wait too much longer.

Xx
    Yeah, it is so annoying, this is the last thing im waiting for now, my hubby tried calling them today to see if he could find out what the hold up was, but they cant really tell you any thing as they are with the police so there's nothing any one can do. Oh i do so hope it sorts its self out soon, fingers crossed

june 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angeldelight View Post
    Hope its sorted by the end of the week

Fingers crossed

Angel xx
    Thanks Angel, i do hope so, fingers crossed

Post Thanks / Like

Hope you dont wait much longer

Angel xx

May 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I know how you feel. I was finally registered last week, 1 year and 3 days from start to finish!!

I had a catalogue of hold ups. I am in Wales so we are registered by the CSSIW and not OFSTED but the basics are the same, they just do things in a slightly different order.

Anyhow, it went like this:

May 2011 - sat ICP course.
    June 2011 - sat ICP exam.
    late August 2011 - got results, should have taken 4-6 weeks, took 9.
    early September 2011 - submitted application - CRBS and SS checks applied for straight away
    November 2011 - received my CRB back. CSSIW then realised they had forgotten to apply for my partners SS check so did it straight away.
    February 2012 - partners CRB back after 14 weeks
    February 2012 - had pre-reg inspection, all went well. Told I would be registered within around 10 days.
    Next day - phone call from inspector to say CSSIW had messed up my partners CRB form and half the sections were missing so would have to reapply. As he had just had a cleared one should only take a couple of weeks.
    end of April 2012 - partners CRB finally comes back ok after another 11 weeks.
    May 2012 - finally get "the" phone call to say I'm registered and with my reg number

So I agree entirely, it can seem a totally endless process and you are at the mercy of so many people, hoping that they are doing as they should, not cocking it up and putting you as a priority. But I am on day 3 now working and can honestly say it is worth the wait. I wonder to be honest whether they make it awkward deliberately to syphon out the people that are serious about it from the people that are a bit undecided.

Hope you dont have to wait too much longer. Stick at it. x

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi all, well after having the high of getting smoothly through my pre reg visit, i am now feeling very deflated as my crb checks are still stuck at stage 4 and they have been that way for over 3 weeks now! and having just called ofsted i have now found out that my ss checks from the previous borough i used to live in still haven't come back either and again they have had those for about a month now feeling very fed up, I am all ready to go but can not do a thing until these are back, struggling financially too at the mo, just wanna start working.
    Has anyone else experienced all these hold ups?
    This happened to me - has anyone chased them up? My previous borough lost mine, but no one had followed it up so I probably would still be waiting had I not made a big fat fuss!

May 12
    Non childminder member
    pre registration
    Post Thanks / Like

Im still waiting for mine and my sons ss check,have everything else done for a few wks now.Cant understand why my husbands ss check was back wks ago.And we have lived in the same borough for 35 yrs and same house for 11 yrs. Bet they have lost em.Glad you got urs sorted though,so frustrating

May 12
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Owww, i know, its sooooo frustrating!! feel like im going insane at times. My crb was stuck there for about 5 weeks! and my husband's is still there!!
    Have you called ofsted to see whats happening? they are really good on the phone, i have been pestering them almost daily, lol, i think they do understand that we just want to start working! All these hoops we have had to go through and we are still not there yet, its driving me crazy!! let us know how you get on
    yeh ive rang them i keep on to them and they are nice. they gave me prospects number who is coming out to do my inspection but they said they need to do it by the 21st of may (so fingers crossed even though i dont think it will be done by then) i rang prospect and they said they cant give me a date but i should have a call this week and that was monday, but she said she would let the lady whos coming out know ive rang. so the waiting game carrys on but i have just this second checked my crb and its at stage 5 woooohoooooo just ran down stairs and gave hubby heart attack lol thats one less thing to worry about now

june 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer1 View Post
    I know how you feel. I was finally registered last week, 1 year and 3 days from start to finish!!

I had a catalogue of hold ups. I am in Wales so we are registered by the CSSIW and not OFSTED but the basics are the same, they just do things in a slightly different order.

Anyhow, it went like this:

May 2011 - sat ICP course.
    June 2011 - sat ICP exam.
    late August 2011 - got results, should have taken 4-6 weeks, took 9.
    early September 2011 - submitted application - CRBS and SS checks applied for straight away
    November 2011 - received my CRB back. CSSIW then realised they had forgotten to apply for my partners SS check so did it straight away.
    February 2012 - partners CRB back after 14 weeks
    February 2012 - had pre-reg inspection, all went well. Told I would be registered within around 10 days.
    Next day - phone call from inspector to say CSSIW had messed up my partners CRB form and half the sections were missing so would have to reapply. As he had just had a cleared one should only take a couple of weeks.
    end of April 2012 - partners CRB finally comes back ok after another 11 weeks.
    May 2012 - finally get "the" phone call to say I'm registered and with my reg number

So I agree entirely, it can seem a totally endless process and you are at the mercy of so many people, hoping that they are doing as they should, not cocking it up and putting you as a priority. But I am on day 3 now working and can honestly say it is worth the wait. I wonder to be honest whether they make it awkward deliberately to syphon out the people that are serious about it from the people that are a bit undecided.

Hope you dont have to wait too much longer. Stick at it. x
    its so nice to hear someone else has been going through it as long as me, i started the process last Sep. have had 2 visits to my house one from la, and one from ofsted, ive done a 3 month course, ive jumped through neumorous hoops and still not there!!
    I have all other checks back now but hubbys crb is STILL at stage 4!! its been at this stage for 5 weeks! we have both rang them but they cant tell you any thing!
    so depressing.
    ive almost given up on it to be honest, i really need to start earning some money big time, not sure how much longer we can mangage the way we are.
    but thank you for your message, it honestly has made me feel better as i was begining to feel all my stuff was jinxed!!
    good luck with your business, so glad you are enjoying it.

june 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sianstwins View Post
    Im still waiting for mine and my sons ss check,have everything else done for a few wks now.Cant understand why my husbands ss check was back wks ago.And we have lived in the same borough for 35 yrs and same house for 11 yrs. Bet they have lost em.Glad you got urs sorted though,so frustrating
    It really is the most frustrating process ever. I understand why they have to do what they have to do, but i just don't get how some peoples are done so quickly yet others take so long. its all very strange. like for you how can things be so different for people in the same family and same house!!
    good luck with everything, hope you don't have to wait much longer now

june 12
    Post Thanks / Like

yeh ive rang them i keep on to them and they are nice. they gave me prospects number who is coming out to do my inspection but they said they need to do it by the 21st of may (so fingers crossed even though i dont think it will be done by then) i rang prospect and they said they cant give me a date but i should have a call this week and that was monday, but she said she would let the lady whos coming out know ive rang. so the waiting game carrys on but i have just this second checked my crb and its at stage 5 woooohoooooo just ran down stairs and gave hubby heart attack lol thats one less thing to worry about now
    ahh, so glad you got your crb check now!! hopfully they will be out to do your visit real soon, and then you will be ready to go!
    My husbands is still at stage 4, been there for 5 weeks now, almost ready to through in the towel, its really doing me in.
    let us know when you get " the call" bet it will be really soon for you now

May 12
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

ahh, so glad you got your crb check now!! hopfully they will be out to do your visit real soon, and then you will be ready to go!
    My husbands is still at stage 4, been there for 5 weeks now, almost ready to through in the towel, its really doing me in.
    let us know when you get " the call" bet it will be really soon for you now
    noooooooooooooo you cant throw the towel in you have came this far. even though ive felt like it many times amd still feeling it but crb gave me a little lift last night but now ofsted are driving me mad as my phone is glued to me and im driving the hubby crazy as i keep checking it just incase i might of missed it. but now im cleaning even though i scrubbed the house yesterday just to keep my mind busy. i will be in the nut house by the end of the day

yeh i will let you know but you will probably hear me from where you are lol
    x

May 12
    Post Thanks / Like

its so nice to hear someone else has been going through it as long as me, i started the process last Sep. have had 2 visits to my house one from la, and one from ofsted, ive done a 3 month course, ive jumped through neumorous hoops and still not there!!
    I have all other checks back now but hubbys crb is STILL at stage 4!! its been at this stage for 5 weeks! we have both rang them but they cant tell you any thing!
    so depressing.
    ive almost given up on it to be honest, i really need to start earning some money big time, not sure how much longer we can mangage the way we are.
    but thank you for your message, it honestly has made me feel better as i was begining to feel all my stuff was jinxed!!
    good luck with your business, so glad you are enjoying it.
    Have you got a note of the date it went in? Becuase when it gets to stage 4, the local police have 60 days max to do it. Then you can make CRB start chasing the hell out of them, and you can start phoning every day and making a huge nuisance. DId you know you can also phone your local police and speak to their disclosures department? Mine were hugely helpful and said he would have done it there and then when I explained the situation, but as it turns out my partner has a hugely popular name and there was about 14 people with criminal records and the same name and date of birth as him, all in different areas, so they had to search all of them (he wasnt one of the ones with a record by the way!) xx

june 12
    Post Thanks / Like

noooooooooooooo you cant throw the towel in you have came this far. even though ive felt like it many times amd still feeling it but crb gave me a little lift last night but now ofsted are driving me mad as my phone is glued to me and im driving the hubby crazy as i keep checking it just incase i might of missed it. but now im cleaning even though i scrubbed the house yesterday just to keep my mind busy. i will be in the nut house by the end of the day

yeh i will let you know but you will probably hear me from where you are lol
    x
    No im not really gonna throw in the towel lol!! just feel like it ha ha!! not come this far to give up now.
    wish you so much luck with your visit, but you will be fine, your a probably so over prepared like i was coz we have had to wait soooooooooo long!! haha!
    yeah keep me posted, i will you too, your attached to your phone and im attached to the laptop keep checking that crb website!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast