Epsom New Childminder
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Epsom New Childminder

This is my first time on this site and i wondered if i could get some advice. I am looking at becoming a childminder in the Tadworth area and have booked myself onto the LA course. I was wondering what the demand was within the area, or how i would find out? I currently do not have any children of my own, however have experience as a nanny, nursery worker and social worker. Any tips or advice would be really appreciated,

Thanks,

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

I'm a cm in Worcester Park, so not too far from you!!!

The biggest piece of advice I can give you is that all your previous experience won't matter to people. I have over 15 yrs experience as a nanny and nursery worker, and although my refs are excellent, it really didn't seem to matter to people. Sorry I know that's not what you want to hear!!!

Also, beware of the time wasters. You will talk to and meet people who seem to be really intersted in you, and you feel you get on well, start to imagine how your day will be with their children, and think you're close to signing them up........... then you'll never hear from them again.

As for how much work, it varies from week to week, no matter where you are. I spent the last 6 months earning practically nothing, and in the last few weeks I'm now full.

If you need any more help, let me know!!!
    Marnie x

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks

Thanks for the advice Marnie. Much appreciated. I am going to go for an introduction meeting held by Surrey to understand more about the process. I am a bit worried about the financial side of things, as unfortunatly i am not in a position that i can earn nothing.

Sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello! I am in Leatherhead and I am fairly busy and have been getting a lot of enquieries. Look at childcare.co.uk how many parents need childcare in your area. There seems to be lots in Tadworth at the mo! Good luck with it all! x