Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default This really gets to me

I have a 3.5yr old mindee who constantly interupts when Im trying to talk to anyone - friend ,other mindees,hubbie. I try to explain 'Im just busy at the moment talking to xxxx and I will be with you shortly' etc. Then I carry on with what I was saying then she has all my attention when I have finished.

Somedays the only adult I have to talk to other than hubbie is a friend/parent I walk down to school with. Some times this 10min conversation is all I have as somedays I dont see another adult until hubbie comes home at 7pm.

But as Im trying to talk to her my 3yr old mindee is constantly interupting 'look, I can see the church' 'My Mums got a car she goes to work in' 'Im going to preschool later' and so on and the woman Im walking with answers her back everytime...'Wow, so it is, what colour is youre mummy's car' and the conversation goes on. Some days I find myself walking in silence as mindee and her have lenghty conversations.

Now, Im all for not ignoring children etc and letting them have their say and by no means do I ignore her when she has something to talk about but this really grates on me. I cant even get a sentance out because shes constantly interupting.
    I usually say something along the lines of ' oh thats fantastic xxx, Im just talking to xxx and then we'll have a look' but it never works as shes onto the next sentance.....

jan 12
    Post Thanks / Like

typical little girl.

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki125 View Post
    typical little girl.
    Exactly...my dd who's 9yrs never stops talking either. I get a headache after 10mins of listening. What is it with women and talking? Its like Men and gadgets, the two just go together..

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My daughter is just as you describe, no matter ho many times i ask her to wait she still rabbits on, I have learnt to keep 2 conversations going, and she tends to calm down and not talk so much when i keep the other conversation up too

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

not just a girl thing - my 5 year old son NEVER stops talking, ever!!
    Blessed Be!

Apr 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Whenever we meet up with any of my friends it's my 2 eldest boys that take over the conversation, I barely get to say anything! Of course my friends think it's brilliant my boys are so interested in talking to them.

I've even tried reasoning with them...to no avail.