Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The danger of a text message

Hi all

Had an awful shock last night had a text from one of
    Our neighbours who has five little girls all similar age to ours we are very friendly with them

The text said 'e is very sick in the hospital' (e is this ladys husband) I text back 'oh what's wrong?' .. A short while later she rang me in teArs and said he
    Has died .. They think a heartattack,, he was only 44 And I haven't told
    The girls yet

Of course we were in shock but she was at the hospital with family on the way and her kids were with the minder so there was nothing we could do at that moment. I text her later to say we were thinking of her and let us know of we can help and she text back saying 'thanks, my parents are here and e Is collecting his sister from the airport in the morning girls upset'

I thought how can e be going to the airport isn't he dead?! But of course I couldnt hardly ask her who had died over text (it was 11pm) and just assumed she had said e by mistake in her grief

Anyway this am I called up, and turns out it was e's brother had
    Died! In her shock she must have forgotten to put the word 'brother' in the original text! Luckily I was able to not let on I had thought it was her husband
    Thought she had enough to deal with! I am so relieved it wasn't him and his five girls all under 11 aren't without a dad but pleas say a prayer for this family, two little boys aged 5 and 6 are without one today.

Anyway the dangers of a text my heart has had too many shocks today, please read them before you send!!

May 12
    Post Thanks / Like

oh goodness!! how awful. to lighten it up a bit, I have many a time sent a text message to the wrong person. I remember one awful time many moons ago I sent an amorous text to my boyfriend (now husband) and had no reply. I got rather cross that he hadn't replied, looked back at it to check it had sent and realised I had sent it to my best friends mum by mistake!!! Oh the shame!!!!!!!!!! Texting can be dangerous! (I think back on it now though and I think its hilarious! haha)

Post Thanks / Like

Oh goodness, I'm pleased your friend's hubby is OK but what a shock that text must have been for you.

Thinking of the other family and those two small children.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I imagine they were in shock What a dreadful thing to happen so young as well