Sickness policy??
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sickness policy??

Hi does anyone please have a sickness policy I could have a copy of? Still finding my feet with this and my pia parent finally took
    Mindee to doc this am after three weeks of a nasty cough rant was making her vomit and a temp and she has a rattle
    On her lung and is on an antibiotic .. I decided then I couldn't have her I was cross as my own dd was up in the night with a barky cough now! There is I think something about not having them with an antibiotic isn't there cos of the risk of allergy? I am in Ireland so don't have the same
    Rules and that but I want to set a policy on this now so annoyed!!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I will only take a child on antibiotics when they have had at least 24 hours on them.

This is for two reasons.
    One so if they are going to have a reaction they have it at home and not with me.
    Also it gives the medicine a chance to start working. I must say depending on the illness I usually find the 24 hour rule works

After that my stock phrase is: I will only take the child back if they are fit and well enough to take part in all my routine activities and that includes school runs , visits to toddler groups and generally going out for walks and outside play.

sept 04
    Post Thanks / Like

My Health Policy covers sickness. It mentions the 48 hour exclusion for D&or V, other infectious illnesses with exclusion times, and what I would do if a child became ill whilst in my care ie. contacting parents, emergency medical care etc. HTH

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks both that was very helpful.. Like that phrase too Rickysmiths i text her this evening to see how she was and That we are booked into Jo jingles tomorrow .. I take 3 under 3 so she needs to be well enough to take part. , quote mum she has been flying around all day we will see you tomorrow (not will u take her?!!) I said thats fine as long as she is well enough for it will ring you if not! Cheeky mare!!!