Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Child friendly paint - for out doors

We have access to a new "community" garden, where our street meets another street. Only residents can get keys. We even have a little plot of land that we are planting things in!

I am planning to buy a little wooden wendy house that we can leave there. And would like to make a project of painting it with the children. Thinking roughly that their hand prints can make leaves and flowers all around the sides

Something that all children in the two streets can use and a nice little advert for the business

Anyway, I don't know where to start in terms of sorting paint. Obviously I need something that is permanent but what are the options for child friendly - seeing as I want hand prints etc?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Hx

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

We used normal childrens paint and put outdoor varnish on to seal it from the weather.

Dec 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

That was the other option I had in my head - the paint didn't run/smear when you varnished it? That was my concern.

HX

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

No didn't run or smear just make sure it's really dry, we did it in a hot day. Maybe try round the back first to test it out?

Dec 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, think we'll try this way. I wanted to do a wall at our house (in the garden), with hand prints of all the children but lack of child safe permanent paint always the issue

Hx