Chicken pox party!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Chicken pox party!

It appears that I unknowingly hosted a good old fashioned chicken pox party yesterday

One of my mindees is leaving next week so we had a big tea party for all my friends who I meet up with regually so they & their children could see mindee before he leaves! I had 14 LO's here all 3yrs & under, including my 2 (1 &3yrs) and 2 mindees (both 1yr), as far as I'm aware only 2 of them has it before! Now one of the children has come out with it this morning!

I really cant afford no wages atm so really hoping my 2 dont get it

Just so you know I dont in any way agree with chicken pox parties!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I unknowingly did the same many years ago and one of the mums caught it... she was ever so poorly bless her

I hope your lot are ok if they are not really ill just spotty you might decide to work through it - a lot of minders do.

xx

Oct 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    I unknowingly did the same many years ago and one of the mums caught it... she was ever so poorly bless her

I hope your lot are ok if they are not really ill just spotty you might decide to work through it - a lot of minders do.

xx
    Would I be allowed to do that? I thought you had to exclude untill all spots had scabed over?

x

May '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

As all my mindees had had chickenpox when my DD got it, I carried on working.

However, I did negotiate for 2 afternoons off, as I found my DD became very irritable later in the day because she was absolutely covered from head to toe.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I carried on working when my own children had it. I gave patents the option of bringing their children or not, but all did. The only problem then is that you can't really exclude a mindee if they then get it.

I took 3 young mindees to a toddler group on Thursday and have now found out that two of the other children there have come out with it. None of my mindees have had it, so it's a waiting game now!

Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i had three spotty dotties here last year....i spoke to parents and explained if Los were poorly and needed mummy then they would be going home.

But all were fine! we couldnt go out so had to stay in the garden for what ended up as two weeks (they came down with it as in a relay).

my family already had had it so were all fine...

mandy xxxxx
    The bats have left the bell tower.....