Please help with this - blonde senior moment - and im neither!!!haha
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Please help with this - blonde senior moment - and im neither!!!haha

well...

I am having so much luck with my enquiries all wanting to set the wheels in motion - fab

So..

parent going back to work after maternity leave mid march but as there have been lots of changes inc a new boss since she left she doesnt know exactly when
    She is keen to start LO (7 months) for 1 day week - 4hrs(although i charge min 5 hrs) starting next week

My question is do i do the proper contract for when she needs the full care ( hmmmm we dont know full details yet)? and if so how do i incorporate settle in sessions in contract??
    Or
    should i do a contract for 1 day a week until know details more then do another contract for the "proper" care?

Im away back to my numpty corner lol as my head is spinning with thinking about things ....lol
    XX Jill XX

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Start a proper contract, write in the details for now and add the new ones when they are updated...

No point in putting in the full details until they happen.

I suppose as well it depends on what contracts you use - if you use expensive ones then you don't want to waste it.

If like mine they are on your computer because you are with MM you can just print a new one.

Hth

Post Thanks / Like

I would do a contract for what you have agreed so far (one day a week) and then do a new contract once you know what days/hours she will be working but that's because I don't like adding bits onto contracts (never sure if they would stand up if you needed to go to court).

I'd also take a one month's deposit on the full place you are saving for her in case it all goes belly up.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    Start a proper contract, write in the details for now and add the new ones when they are updated...

I suppose as well it depends on what contracts you use - if you use expensive ones then you don't want to waste it.

If like mine they are on your computer because you are with MM you can just print a new one.

Hth
    My contracts are NCMA ones and are pretty expensive. Which MM ones can you get on your computer?
    love Sarah.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roseolivia View Post
    My contracts are NCMA ones and are pretty expensive. Which MM ones can you get on your computer?
    I was wondering this. I've just bought some more MM ones and they are the duplicate copy ones.

xxxx

Sept 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would do a contract for one day a week for now and then a new one when you know what the contracted hours will be. (I print my own contracts) I would be clear that you can't hold the other days open for her past a certain date in case the situation at work drags on.

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

if you're with mm you can write your own contracts which i think is what sarah meant. i copied the details out of the ncma ones but changed the layout a bit and bought a ream of carbonless copy paper on ebay for about £10 - hey presto 300 contracts for £10
    Blessed Be!

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I am with MM and I would do the contract as if the dates you know now are the only dates needed. Then when mum knows full details I would do a covering letter which states contract changes including change of times/days and when the new times will commence. Then get parent and yourself to sign, photocopy and give them original and keep copy with contract. That's what I do anyway.

Dec 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post

Hth
    Sorry to hijack this thread but I will, lol.

I'm with MM for my insurance, how do I access contracts I can print? TIA