scswis form filling
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy scswis form filling

hi all new to this. just trying to fill in my scswis form and wondering about the statements that they need from me e.g aims and objectives, and the other statements on not permitting anyone in house who would punish child etc. Any other help on this form would be great. Many thanks Emma

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have moved your thread to the Scottish area of the forum where I hope some of our Scottish members will come along and help you.

It is a totally different system in Scotland to England because you have your own standards... however once you are up and working you will find a lot of similarities.

Good luck with the registration process!

Jun-11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

My aims are to provide a fun and safe environment for children whilst their parent work or study.

My objective for this year is to gain knowledge of Gaelic to enhance my service and to aid children's development whilst in my care.

The other statements can be written out as policies, which my inspector asked me to do before I got registered. So it may be worthwhile doing a parent welcome pack as part of your application. Policies can be short and to the point: like you said, 'I will not permit anyone in my home to punish child' etc can be part of child protection policy.

If you need more pointers, pm me with your ideas and any statements you are stuck on.

Dana

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default phew!!!

Well thats it the initial form is now in the post, thanks to you ladies for the help. I hope I've got it all right and I've sent off the right policies for the form, whats the worst they can do ask for more I hope. ANy idea now how long I wait till I hear from them(cos I am Impatient!!!) and anything I can be doing in the meantime to get going further on in the registration.
    Emma

Jun-11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

It really depends on area & workload I am afraid.

I knew people on induction course registered in 4 months but mine, wait for it, took 10 months! 4 of those waiting for inspection date, further 2 months for my certificate. I had to complain to get it finalised.

So my advice is give them a week, call the local office, say hello its me, checking got forms. How long is it currently taking?

Chase anything that seems to take too long, i.e. fire visit, pvg scheme and so on. I did register when it was enhanced disclosures, but think you may be on PVG scheme automatically?

Hope yours is a smooth journey

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danasdaycare View Post
    It really depends on area & workload I am afraid.

I knew people on induction course registered in 4 months but mine, wait for it, took 10 months! 4 of those waiting for inspection date, further 2 months for my certificate. I had to complain to get it finalised.

So my advice is give them a week, call the local office, say hello its me, checking got forms. How long is it currently taking?

Chase anything that seems to take too long, i.e. fire visit, pvg scheme and so on. I did register when it was enhanced disclosures, but think you may be on PVG scheme automatically?

Hope yours is a smooth journey
    Sounds similar to my experience. It took me 9 months to get registered because I had to chase them for everything.

They didn't tell me one of my references hadn't turned up so that delayed it, then they lost my other one! Then when I phoned to find out when they were coming out to see me they said 'oh yeah, we should really be doing that soon!' but they made no effort to arrange it from their end.

Then it took 10 weeks for them to get my certificate to me and that was only because I phoned them every single week!

You really need to be prepared to pester them!