Is mid-feb too soon to start a Spring display/activities?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    jumpinjen Guest

Default Is mid-feb too soon to start a Spring display/activities?

Hi everyone!

I'm back to work on the 9th Feb after materntiy leave and my house moving going belly-up and want to start afresh.....

So..... is it too soon to jump into Spring and start a spring display and activities?

What do you reckon?

Jen x

BuggsieMoo Guest

Spring starts on the 20/21st March so its really up to you. Maybe start getting it all good to go for the end of Feb...........

jumpinjen Guest

Hmmmm.... yes it does seem a bit early, I have planned to have an incubator and chicks this year and we can have them any time really and I have miniature daffodil bulbs to plant in pots ready for Mother's day and a voucher for caterpillars from insect lore that was a present and it all just seems so Spring-like it seems a shame not to..... perhaps it will snow and change my mind!! Or it may stay warm and we can spot signs of Spring early..... with having been off, I'm not too sure what my mindee is into and won't really until I've had her a week or so and that leaves me needing things planned in advance!!

jen x

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Early Feb is imbolc, so this is the time for preparation for Spring. For prepping the ground, planting the bulbs, etc. It is a time of change, a good time to begin to talk to the children about the signs they will soon see of the earth awakening up after the cold, the sun will get stronger and the day get longer. This is a time of lots of subtle but important chages in the world around us. Having your spring display up will give the kids visual cues of what to look for to see the earth springing back into life.

So no, in my opinion, now is exactly the time to begin your spring display, if you want to prepare the children to see spring happening around them.

Registered Childminder since
    May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We already have a few crocuses out and a fair few of the daffs have pushed through the soil. Unless it snows and the children might be confused, I'd start doing Spring then.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still doing winter!

I think I'd wait a bit - we had snow in Feb last year - wouldn't want to tempt fate!

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!