Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: boxes??

Registered Childminder since
    may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default boxes??

I saw toothfairys thread in the activity section about a windy day box which is great and it got me thinking about what other boxes like this people have.
    so what boxes do you have for the seasons, weather etc and what do you have in them
    I posted this here rather than the activities section as i thought more people would view it and respond.

july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a movement and dance box with scarves, ribbon hoops, pom poms, instruments, song/music cd's, song/rhyme books.......

A physical games box with selection of balls, throwing hoops, balance boards, "monster feet", small bats, beanbags, skittles...............

I have a sensory box that has a variety of squishy/noisy/tactile/scented items....

A box that has light up items for the dark den and to explore light/dark/shadows etc..... including projector torches that show images on the wall and a crayola glow in the dark drawing board.

Am in the process of putting together a windy day box with wind socks, windmills, bubbles, ribbons, mobiles, chimes etc...

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by green puppy View Post
    I have a movement and dance box with scarves, ribbon hoops, pom poms, instruments, song/music cd's, song/rhyme books.......

A physical games box with selection of balls, throwing hoops, balance boards, "monster feet", small bats, beanbags, skittles...............

I have a sensory box that has a variety of squishy/noisy/tactile/scented items....

A box that has light up items for the dark den and to explore light/dark/shadows etc..... including projector torches that show images on the wall and a crayola glow in the dark drawing board.

Am in the process of putting together a windy day box with wind socks, windmills, bubbles, ribbons, mobiles, chimes etc...

Wow, that is really impressive....Might have to copy you, hope you don't mind

Post Thanks / Like

I have a music and rhyme box with books, instruments and puppets relating to the rhymes plus scarves and hoops and pompoms to dance with.

Sarah 707 has a good ebook called baskets and bags with lots of ideas for making these up for seasons, books and festivals. I got lots of ideas from there

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Loushah View Post
    Wow, that is really impressive....Might have to copy you, hope you don't mind
    Of course not! I actually got the idea from the tts website as they sell these kind of boxes but they can be expensive. Like miffy, I also have a song bag that has puppets to go with songs and nursery rhymes.

june 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I like making discovery boxes, I did one box filled with straws and items around the house that they could post the straws in, they loved that. I get lots of ideas from imagination tree on the Internet