Thread: story sack

Registered Childminder since
    may 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default story sack

hi all,
    i would like to make my own story sacks, does anybody know of any websites that i could download resources from such as we're going on a bear hunt?

apr 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    'good'
    Post Thanks / Like

If you look at ebay you will find things, or google what you are looking for print, laminate and use a gym/resource bag.

Good luck, I have done a few story sacks in both these ways, I make my own bags.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have lots of story sacks and I really enjoy putting them together.

I buy bits and bobs from charity shops and car boot sales and build them up over time.

A soft toy, a related book, a game, a jigsaw (often home made), some small world toys, a background scene... great fun!

Get the children to help you and they are more likely to take ownership and treat it with respect

Post Thanks / Like

I posted a Northumberland website the other day think the title was online stories or something like that, they had a load of printable resources to go with stories, also tes may be worth a try or the companies own website I think the gruffalo site has some bits on

Oct 11.
    Latest Inspection Grade
    x Good x
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumof3 View Post
    hi all,
    i would like to make my own story sacks, does anybody know of any websites that i could download resources from such as we're going on a bear hunt?
    I have a bear hunt and I didn't download any thing,
    I simply got a bear, cardboard box, a wooden spoon and some bottles.
    For grass- a small coke bottle filled with green rice and green paper
    River- another bottle with water, blue paint/food colouring and some silver gift wrap cut into little squares
    Mud- Sand and Soil with a little water (makes a brilliant squelching noise)
    Forest- Wooden spoon, with 4 peice's green ribbon string tied to it, i have also laminated some little leaves and tied them to it. The children love this!
    Snow storm- another bottle with water and wilco's silver paint, As the paint is oil based when you shake the bottle the paint and water swirls.
    Cave - An old shoe box painted with a mixture sand and brown paint (gives it texture) I then prop the box up using the lid and this is that cave. I also use the box to store it all in.
    My mindees love this one better than the owl one I was given on training costing £60.
    You can’t have everything. Where would you put it?