Thread: Sleeping

Registered Childminder since
    July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sleeping

Morning all,

Just wondered what everyone else did with sleeping children. When I first started minding I bought a travel cot and used it upstairs in the spare room.
    Over time and because we are out alot I started to use the buggy as more times than not the children would fall asleep in the buggy so I would leave it in the hallway.

Now the spare room has become a tip and a place for the 3 hamsters so I dont use it anymore.
    The 3yr old sleeps on the sofa with a pillow and sheet and others use the buggy either in the hallway or the lounge depending on whether they need dark. (1yr and 2yrs)
    I do still have my cot but its such a faff to get up and put it down again after

Anyone else do similar?
    Becky

Penny1959 Guest

Mine sleep in lie back buggies (lie flat type) until old enough to be trusted to sleep on sofa (usuallu around 2.5yrs)

Parents are happy with this - one did request a travel cot when her child first started with me - but child did not settle to sleep in cot so within a week or so started using lie back buggy

Penny

jan 11
    Post Thanks / Like

mine sleep in the pram in the kitchen, i have permission from parents and its impossible to get them to sleep in the travel cot so it works for all of us x

june 08
    Post Thanks / Like

You just have to work out whats best for you and the children, I have one who will only sleep in the buggy, but have got no school runs today, so she fell asleep on me and is asleep on the sofa at the moment, I have one who would only sleep in my travel cot upstairs. I have one starting next month so who knows what he will do . Its lovely and peaceful in my house at the moment

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I have one LO who will only sleep in a cot so he sleeps in a travel cot when he is here although if he's really really tired he will fall asleep in a buggy.

The other two LO's I have are happy to sleep in their buggies

Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

At the moment I use my spare room which has a single bed and a travel cot in it. The child I have every day sleeps in the single bed and my part time children have the travel cot. However I have a baby on wednesdays who is very hit and miss in sleeping in the travel cot and so I put her in the lie flat pushchair. Its not ideal as I prefer them upstairs when they are sleeping so any older ones who are not sleeping can continue to play freely without me worrying they will wake another up - plus the kids who sleep upstairs sleep so much longer.
    triangle sandwiches are better than square ones...

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 1 yr old in travel cot in sitting room, 3 yr old sibling in buggy in playroom if he needs a sleep or parked in kitchen. Then I go into any room without children for an hour or so! Usually dining room

lucky to have separate downstairs rooms
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

dec 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I use a travel cot, lo sleeps for 2 and a half hours in the afternoon in my bedroom, she wouldn't settle in her buggy and even on the few occasions she's fallen asleep in it she will only sleep for 20mins and then she's really grumpy, I keep the travel cot up all week and take it down on the weekends. X

Aug 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I have one asleep in travel cot at the mo, one fell asleep on sofa(this is what works best for Mum and Dad)so that they can transfer her to car or buggy without disturbing her too much. Although only just over a year she sleeps well on the sofa otherwise she wont sleep with her milk. I have had some who have only slept in the buggy. It really depends on lo.

APR 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a travel cot which I use, but I also use a buggy out the kitchen (when I have two littlies)

Older ones sleep on the nice rug I have in the lounge.

BuggsieMoo Guest

My whole house is registered for childminding purposes and I have one lo who sleeps in a travel cot in my room and another who sleeps in the spare room. The one who will be staying overnight will be in the travel cot in the spare room.

This gives me chance downstairs when they are sleeping (thankfully they have the same nap time!) I can tidy up, prep dinner and do any paperwork whilst checking them throughout.

BuggsieMoo x

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have one who sleeps on a mat on the floor or in my arms, one who sleeps in the day bed or in my arms, one who sleeps in the pushchair and one who sleeps in my arms. I do have a travel cot but have yet to come across a child that I can get to sleep in one of the awful (my opinion) things. Think they pick up from me that I don't like them and then they can't settle in it. They all pretty much like to snuggle with me most of the time though

aug 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got a really good travel cot, its probably about 7 years old now but its very comfy (well as compfy as they can be!) and so far (fingers crossed) the little ones have all managed to sleep in it.
    I've got another travel cot which I bought of ***** for £5 and is horrible makes a horrible noise when children move in it.
    Its taken alot of perseverence to get them at to this stage, but it means I've got the downstairs to tidy/clean/prepare for when they get up.
    Saying all that, I've got a new one starting next month who apparently doesnt sleep...

oct 96
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 3 travel cots with 3 children asleep in them as i speak (well tap) all in seperate bedrooms upstairs xxx

Cupcake22

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine always have napped in my buggy, laid back, in kitchen with blackout blinds closed and a blanket. I have permission for this too x

sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 spare rooms so baby goes in travel cot in one room, toddler in bed in spare room and on the odd morning i have 18month old he sleeps in buggy in playroom as requested by his mum. If he came more than once a week he too would go upstairs as i dont particularly like putting them to sleep in buggy