Help spending grant
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    OCT 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Help spending grant

I have been offered a grant of up to £500 to provide resources to support the children I care for under the two year old funding scheme. What to buy?

Was thinking along ecat resources as many of the children that come under this funding have speech and language problems.
    Local nursery bought a lovely photo book that you/children/parents can record short messages, but it's too big for my house really.
    Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i'd go for the big or outdoor resources or ICT as they are so expensive to buy. Or invest in some good nursery style furniture/water trays and tables.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

June 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Try TTS I have spent grants that I have got from there. They do quite a few ECAT resources.
    Just check that what you order says it is in stock otherwise you can end up waiting a long time for your stuff. Can't remember the website address but its something like ttsshopping.com
    Knowledge is power and its also tax free

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by peppa Pig View Post
    I have been offered a grant of up to £500 to provide resources to support the children I care for under the two year old funding scheme. What to buy?

Was thinking along ecat resources as many of the children that come under this funding have speech and language problems.
    Local nursery bought a lovely photo book that you/children/parents can record short messages, but it's too big for my house really.
    Any ideas would be much appreciated.
    I have one of these but a small one (A5) size got mine from Amazon but TTS also do one in A5 size as well as the A3 ones that I suspect you have seen.
    When spending my grant for ECAT resources I bought a couple of voice changes which the children love even the reluctant speakers seem to enjoy hearing their voices sounding louder and distorted, I also bought a speak and record microphone, a video recorder for the children to use and Communication Friendly Spaces resources such as lengths of sparkly material and shiny cushions, giant pegs. Most of the resources were from TTS who have a ECAT section in their catalogue - link below and I can see the A5 photo book on the first page!
    http://www.tts-group.co.uk/shops/tts...FVBlfAodqhR0_Q

Enjoy spending your money

Cx