Maclaren buggy repair
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Maclaren buggy repair

I currently have an old MacLaren quest single buggy, it used to be my son's so it's about 5 years old, it's been through a lot with us, many holidays etc and the back wheels are beginning to really disappear!

Does anyone know if it's possible to get it repaired anywhere or would it work out just as expensive as buying a new one?

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

I have wheels replaced years ago, I'd look up on mclaren web site for local place that offers repairs then ring up for a quote.

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fi fi View Post
    I have wheels replaced years ago, I'd look up on mclaren web site for local place that offers repairs then ring up for a quote.
    Thanks for that, I'll have a look and see what I can find

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Couldn't find anything on their website so have emailed them, fingers crossed they get back to me asap!

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Kellib if you get an answer from maclarens would you let me know? as I have a maclaren quest that could do with some loving attention (but depending on the price of course).Hope you dont mind me asking cheeky I know

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Kellib if you get an answer from maclarens would you let me know? as I have a maclaren quest that could do with some loving attention (but depending on the price of course).Hope you dont mind me asking cheeky I know
    No problem

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you have a local shop that sells mclaren they should be able to direct you in direction of repairs

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you have a John Lewis near to you?

My friend had a buggy that needed to be repaired and the shop that she bought it from went bust. The manufactures (it was a lula I think?????) would only take it through a shop so she asked John Lewis if they could help even though she hadnt bought it from them.

Not only did they send it to the manufacturer, they also lent her a replacement buggy for free whilst hers was being repaired!!!!

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the suggestions ladies, will look into them both

Jul 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Mothercare stores do repairs for Maclarens. I don't think they do the repairs themselves but they send the buggies off somewhere and I think it takes a few weeks. I had a Maclaren Techno XT last year and one of the back wheels basically fell off. I got a quote from them and if I remember correctly they said it would cost £65 to repair. Strangely, they said that it would cost exactly the same to have all four wheels replaced as it would to replace one. In the end I decided to just buy a new buggy (another Techo XT) as that one was over 3 years old and the fabric was quite worn.

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I've emailed both John Lewis and Mothercare about it so will see what they say. Part of me really just wants to buy a new buggy

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Well MacLaren didn't get back to me at all!

Mothercare emailed back to say I'd need to take the buggy into the shop before they could tell me if they even offered a repair service.

And John Lewis phoned me today to say that if I take the buggy into their shop they will send it away and get a quote for me so I can decide whether or not it's worth my while getting it repaired or just buying a new buggy. Said I wasn't keen on sending it away just to get a quote so the woman said not to worry about not having a buggy as they would give me a replacement one until mine came back! Said I didn't buy buggy in John Lewis and she said it wasn't a problem

Really impressed with John Lewis (should really listen to my Granny as she raves about them ALL the time!) so think I'll go with them.

onceinabluemoon Guest

Good for John Lewis, we are getting a shop near us soon, I can't wait!!

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Just realised there was a message on my answer machine, was John Lewis saying that they contacted MacLaren and they want £40 to even LOOK at the buggy plus whatever it'll cost to fix it!

Gonna say not to bother and just buy a new buggy (which is what I wanted to do all along )