Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Advice on phil and teds double please

Hi everyone,

I've been offered a phil and teds double pushchair and wondered if anyone had any advice. Its the one with a seat under the other 1. I wondered what age the lower seat was suitable for. Is it right up to a 3 year old or only suitable for a baby?

I have 3 mindees 1 at 15 months and 2 at 14 months. I have a mothercare duolite double which has been fine but isn't any good over rough ground.

Thanks guys and Happy New Year!

Liz

sept 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I use mine all the time. The bottom seat is fine from when a child can sit unaided (imo) I tend to put the older children in the top and the babies at the bottom (more room for stuff in the basket then) Got a board on mine for the pre schoolers too. If it's being offered I'd jump at it

Post Thanks / Like

I just got a phil and teds recently and love it ..
    My mindees are 2, 14 months amd 11 months .. Good resale value so you could always sell it on If u don't like it

Apr 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a phil and teds, my girls are slightly smaller than average but my eldest who was 5 in nov managed to fit in the bottom seat during a long day out in sept!

June 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had 5 different doubles in 8 months trying to find the right one and I have the phil and teds vibe now. It's the best double buggy in my opinion, I love it. I bought a cheap one off eBay for 130 just to see how I would get on with it and just before Christmas my dh bought a new vibe for me £540. So I you have been offered one I would rip their arm off

Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Depends on the model you have been offered. 15kg on bottom seat and 20kg in main seat. I got one where you have to have the heavier child on the top and if they get out you need to move the bottom child up (if you know what I mean). It is really good on rough terrain, and I find it quite easy to push even the heaviest of children (I am a shortie). Think it's the new verve that doesn't need the front seat occupied if there is a child on the bottom.

It is a good buggy, folds fairly small (fits in boot of my Punto). Spares are not too expensive, it's just the delivery from Phil & Teds which is a bit excessive however a lot of spares are sold on ebay.

Regards
    Sue

Oct 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I love mine i even have a spare, i looked at every double buggy going but for me it was the only one that fitted all what i wanted and it goes everywhere ive walked mountains in ireland with it, been on the beach so day to day general is no problem for it and when i pick my 3.5 year old upp from school if the baby is in the front he jumps in the seat under neath no problem

Jul 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the Phils & Teds Explorer. I tested out the back seat with my 4 year old ds and he fits into the seat well once he is in but it is a bit akward for him to actually climb in. I have used the back seat for 9, 18 and 21 months and it has been fine for those ages.

Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I love my Phil and Teds! I wanted it specifically as it could be both a single and a double and its been worth every penny so far!!! I couldnt be without it! Only got a secondhand one cheap off ebay, had to buy a shopping basket for it but still a bargain and i would definately not think twice before recommending it or buying another!
    If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes

Jan 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank everyone for the great advice.

I picked it up from my friend and have given it a good scrub. Hope it's dry by tomorrow I'm itching to use it!

Only problem i've got is that i took the hood off to wash it and i can't work out how to put it back on. Will get my hubby to have a look at it, he's great at sorting out my mishaps!!

Jan 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

You can get instructions here; http://philandteds.com/en/instructions

I love my P&T, need a new one really but can't afford it yet! My eldest daughter is nearly 5 and occasionally sneaks a lift home in the bottom when I've only got 1 mindee!

Enjoy it!