filling childminding vancancies?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default filling childminding vancancies?

Hi
    I have been childminding since end of August, I was wondering how long it takes to fill spaces?

I am currently working to jobs until my childminding takes off I have one mon and friday afternoon and 2 after school on seperate days.

Michelle

Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

I suppose it varies according to where you are and what demand is like. Where I live at the moment it seems quite quiet, I have lost 2 children last September to go to full-time school and have struggled to fill their spaces. 1child is still with me before/after school but I haven't really filled the space she left nor the other space.

Advertising and becoming known as a childminder is important - maybe attending toddler groups etc - and let other childminders know you have spaces so that they can pass on any numbers that they are unable to help with.

Post Thanks / Like

From reading what members put on here it really does depend where you live - some areas are very busy, others very quiet. There are lots of threads with ideas for advertising if you do a forum search.

Hope things pick up for you soon.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!