Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: School rant :o)

Registered Childminder since
    July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default School rant :o)

Like all schools, the local school has a rule that if a child isnt going to school then the parent must ring in before 10am. I have never had any concerns about this until recently.
    My dd has had 3 dr's appointments since Sept and each time Ive written a note to the teacher with date and explanation...all 3 times the office has rang me asking me why dd isnt at school.
    Definite communication problem between the two teachers she has and the office, but the 2nd time it was gone 11am when they rang me

Now, this has worried me because it took them 2hours to realise dd wasnt at school.....she sometimes walks to school without me (shes 9) and if she never made it (God forbid) I wouldnt know until 2 hours had passed..I find this shocking.
    I rang and complained but they said they had problems trying to contact me...I know this isnt the case as I had no missed calls on my mobile or home phone
    I'm really cross actually and waiting for her teacher to ring

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That is a real worry and something they ought to resolve as a matter of urgency.

If nothing is done escalate it to a complaint then they have to feed back to you with how they have fixed things.

Hth

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i agree with sarah. I would be e-mailing the head directly and asking her to relook at the policy for phoning parents.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Sept 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Our junior school don't phone to check at all. I think it just depends on the school.