Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Next steps help please

I'm just catching up on some obs for my key children from the pre school I work at - it's the same as the eyfs ones I think, where you have to put the next steps?

If anyone knows what I mean, do you have any idea what I can put as the next steps for these please

1) Child A happily leaves mum when brought to p/school.
    What the heck is the next step for that? I can hardly recommend she walks there on her own can I

2) Child B goes to another child when she is upset, she bends down and says "it's ok mummy will be back soon"

3) Child C looks in the mirror and says "I'm pretty"

does anyone have any ideas please? most of them are pretty easy for next steps but i'm struggling with these 3

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Next steps help please

Quote Originally Posted by mrsb View Post
    I'm just catching up on some obs for my key children from the pre school I work at - it's the same as the eyfs ones I think, where you have to put the next steps?

If anyone knows what I mean, do you have any idea what I can put as the next steps for these please

What the heck is the next step for that? I can hardly recommend she walks there on her own can I

2) Child B goes to another child when she is upset, she bends down and says "it's ok mummy will be back soon"

does anyone have any ideas please? most of them are pretty easy for next steps but i'm struggling with these 3
    1. You don't have to do next steps for everything... some observations will be stand alone and allow you to simply state that the child is achieving one of her goals... this one will be from PSED.

2. Aww what a sweetie, she's obviously full of empathy and understanding - you could do some sick doll or teddy role play with her. She'd enjoy that and it would follow her interests - or maybe vets role play with some sick animals, depending on what she enjoys playing with most.

3. Tell her not to be so vain Errr... use mirrors for looking at symmetry perhaps if she likes them so much...? Symmetry in houses, faces etc. Draw 1/2 a body and put a mirror on to see the other 1/2... make gingerbread men, split them in 1/2 and look at how they are the same with the mirror... draw her own face on a plate and add string hair etc... that sort of thing.

Jan 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Good advise from Sarah,
    But here are my thoughts for what they are worth lol
    1. you could say Now that child is happy leaving Carer, (psed) she is growing in confidence I will plan some activities to encourage this and include a reward / type chart so the child can see her acheivements .

2, I would say that this child is well on their way to covering psed, cll,

3 I would say I was planning to give this child the hair dryer brush etc and ask her if she would like to ask another child if they would like to play at doing each others hair (so that she was not just focusing on herself) and see how pretty they both look, they could compare hair colour , length, eye colour etc (cll, psed, kuw, cd)

Not sure if thats what you were looking for ?
    June

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

For child no.3 you could also look at different facial expressions - ie - feeling happy, sad, cross, angry, etc.

Mar 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all of you As usual you've been a fab help

Pipsqueak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mrsb View Post

Your answer for number 1 cracked me up PMSL

3) depends on the child - if she ain't pretty then you can't allow her to set herself up for a bitter disappointment in later years KIDDING