Self assessment?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Self assessment?

Ok received my letter today from care inspectorate saying that I need to fill in my self assessment within the next 3 weeks (letter dated 1/11/11 only received today!) Have gone onto the eforms on their website but can't see the self assessment anywhere. Am I being stupid? It's not in the current documents part or submitted. Can someone help?

Thanks

Nov 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi i would maybe just give them a call. Im just registered and its in my eforms already. x

Dec 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine is there too. Got the letter also but there is rumour going around that some letters were sent out in error!! So i would phone to check
    XX Jill XX

Jun-11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

On another forum some people are saying it is a mistake, so it is best to call. There seemed to be a mass mail!

However, I seem to not have received mine eek confused lol

Give your local office a call where your inspector is based

Jun-11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Realised that sa is in e-forms now! Will call my office tomorrow

Dec 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep rumours are true - i got a letter today to say the previous letter was sent out in error!
    XX Jill XX

May 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep it was sent out in error!! Called them then received letter the same day!

Jun 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    08/08/11
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I just spoke to the inspector - who will be giving me my first proper inspection whith children in my care, she asked if I had done my SEF. I said I hadn't done an online one at the ofsted site, as not had the time. I then asked if it is legal requirement to do an SEF at the ofsted online site. She said, tho it is a legeal requirement to do an SEF, it doesn't have to be on the Ofsted site. So I said ok, but I do have one on my computer. she said as long as I have one done, that I can give to her when she comes to visit that is ok.

Tanya

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy Tanya View Post
    Hi, I just spoke to the inspector - who will be giving me my first proper inspection whith children in my care, she asked if I had done my SEF. I said I hadn't done an online one at the ofsted site, as not had the time. I then asked if it is legal requirement to do an SEF at the ofsted online site. She said, tho it is a legeal requirement to do an SEF, it doesn't have to be on the Ofsted site. So I said ok, but I do have one on my computer. she said as long as I have one done, that I can give to her when she comes to visit that is ok.

Tanya
    Tanya this thread is about the Scottish system of inspection and the self assessment form they have to complete for the Care Inspectorate.

It's different in England... here the sef is not a statutory document and it does not have to be completed before inspection.

However having said that it is an important part of self reflection and you should make some attempt at it either on paper or online.

Hth