Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Practical pre school magazine

I was inspired by Sarah 707 saying she subscribes to this and thought I'd get my free issue anyway...was quite shocked to see the £58 annual subscription price. Nearly a fiver a time! Presumably it's worth it?

ja
    'It's never too late to have a happy childhood' ( Tom Robinson)

Jul 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

We have just subscribed to this. Got the first one through the post a couple f weeks ago but have not yet had a chance to read it (not even sure where it is now) I had a quick flick through when I opened it but tht was it. That is my aim for tomorrow. I will find it and give it a good going over and let you know what I think of it.

Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! I dont mind paying that if I get really good ideas each month for activities and arts and crafts and then I can collect them and refer back etc

onceinabluemoon Guest

I preferred it before they incorporated Child care within it but its still good.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Whatever business I have been in I have always subscribed to magazines which help me to improve my professional development. I think of them as justifiable business expenses.

However I am lucky that I am currently earning enough to buy them - if my childminding income went down I would have to consider cut backs and magazines would probably be one of the first expenses to cancelled.

Did you get a copy with one of my articles about Ofsted inspections in it? I hope you found it useful

Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I just signed on now so will let you know.
    I agree - I like to have a source of inspiration for prof develop etc. I find the job quite isolating so would feel more in touch with ideas from mags. I also get a lot of ideas from groups of course. I found the |NCMA mag quite disappointing actually.