Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: First Days

Registered Childminder since
    Dec 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default First Days

I was wondering about everyones first day minding( some of you may have to think back quite a bit )and how you got on, what you did ,was it easier,harder, better than you thought it was going to be.

What did you all plan?

I was thinking of taking a few pics( i have permission ) and putting in diary with heading something like "My first day at my childminder"

As for ideas they are starting next week and only with me 4 hours a day 1 day a week so short arty activities any ideas? Firework pictures? Autumn? bit late for halloween then?

I have some ideas but dont want to bombard them all at once
    XX Jill XX

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i didn't plan a thing. well a range of resources out but other than that I just planned to get to know the kids
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember sudddenly feeling quite isolated actually. How old are your mindees. Don't plan too much - they might just cry and need to be hugged! Do plan your environment though and have a range of appropriate toys. They will probably just want/need to explore their new surroundings. Don't plan on anything too messy as you will want to establish a few ground rules first. Maybe make some play dough, or have some colouring available.

May '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

TMI, if Iknow, but I was ill about 10 minutes before my mindees first arrived. Nerves

I didn't plan anything as such, just went with the flow. I had got to know them a bit as they visited weekly with their parent for about a month before my crb came through and of course my registration certificate.

I do recall we made some magic wands - because we had read a story about fairies ....

A friend told me to do something happy just before parents come, like singing and dancing so that the children would leave on a positive note and parent's would be reassured too.

So when is the big day, and how old are the twins (?) ?

sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I felt excited I would never again have to de ice my car and do a commute lol

Dec 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys.

They are 4 so go to school next August.

Their(and my) first day is next Thursday

They came for a visit today and were so cute and very laid back and mostly polite. They were happy with the toys i had out and asked me some questions.
    My guinea pigs got the thumbs up too and they are excited to meet Demon.

The trouble is i only have them a few hours once a week so with all my ideas ive filled in every thursday until they go to school

The mum is very nice and is already calling me a star.. ive not done anything yet and she is telling everyone about me ha why o why did i bother paying out for advertising cards etc(not even put them out yet)
    XX Jill XX

dec 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to say good luck , my first ever mindee was a 5 month old baby do didn't really plan anything , it was all about learning his routine
    H4H supporter 'per mare per terram'

apr 08
    Post Thanks / Like

As with Muftie, mine was 7 mths, spent the 1st few weeks getting to 'know' him, sleep patterns etc
    Mandy
    Anyone got any Chocolate Buttons?