Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    A Good Good!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Regulations.. What we have to display?

I have had a visit by my development worker, and she has said that I must DISPLAY my public liability insurance and first aid certificates. Up til now I have had them in a folder for the parents to access. Keeps all my important paperwork in the same place. I understood under regulations that I must hold these - but not that they had to be on display!

She said I also have to display my fire escape map, which I think is a complete farce, as we practise this during the fire drills, and I change the place of the 'fire'.

Of course I have my Ofsted registration up, other info, and Ofsted contact no's, parents notices... but there's only so much I can have on my wall. Of course, I could take down the chilren's creations and put up this instead

Have I got it wrong?

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as I was aware it is the Ofsted contact poster and our Reg Certificates.

I don't display anything else, unless it has changed AGAIN

Email Ofsted and then you can forward it to your DO so she knows too.
    Debbie

Post Thanks / Like

I think we're supposed to have our PL insurance cert on display, but I photocopy mine and keep the original in my portfolio.

Not sure if that's an Ofsted thing, or just my inspector having lovely parties in her head!

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I only have my reg cert and a poster with Ofsted contact details on...everything else is in a folder.

Im not displaying anything else as its my house and I really do not want anymore posters up

Becky

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bexc View Post
    I only have my reg cert and a poster with Ofsted contact details on...everything else is in a folder.

Im not displaying anything else as its my house and I really do not want anymore posters up

Becky
    Same here. My PL Insurance cert and First Aid certs are in my folder along with everything else a parent might want to see / read about. I bet if I asked my parents what was on my noticeboard they wouldn't have a clue, no-one ever seems to look at it

xxx

Jan 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    A Good Good!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AliceK View Post
    Same here. My PL Insurance cert and First Aid certs are in my folder along with everything else a parent might want to see / read about. I bet if I asked my parents what was on my noticeboard they wouldn't have a clue, no-one ever seems to look at it

xxx
    Same here!

I am going to get clarification from Ofsted so that I KNOW whether it is regulation... I'll get back to you.

Thanks for your replies, I thought I had missed something

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I only display my reg certificate, its never been questioned by my DW or ofsted.

Apr 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought we had to display our reg certificates and PL...don't know anything about an Ofsted poster?

Dec 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I was told by Mrs Ofsted to display my insurance along with reg and ofsted poster.

Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I have Ofsted Cert, FA cert and PL Cert in 3 wooden A4 frames on the wall and then the ofsted poster and my privacy notice and designated safeguarding officer is me poster on my notce board. I don;t have my first drill on the wall - but perhaps I should because on reflection i've seen it on the wall of at least 2 childminders I know
    triangle sandwiches are better than square ones...

aug 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i was told that we needed to have on display reg cert, pl, ofsted poster and fire plan. so thats what ive got on my wall.
    but it is starting to take over now

Jan 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    A Good Good!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by allison View Post
    i was told that we needed to have on display reg cert, pl, ofsted poster and fire plan. so thats what ive got on my wall.
    but it is starting to take over now
    Is your fire plan a diagram of your premises with a meeting point in case of emergency? My Dev Worker said the detailed fire emergency plan can stay in my folder!

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like we are all not sure what we are supposed to have....

Looks like Ofsted really know what theyre doing for a change

jun 79
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstandingb
    Post Thanks / Like

On my inspection before last i had my insurance certificate on the wall (i'd been told it had to be on display )

The inspector seen it and asked why i had it on display and said to take it down it does not need to be displayed !! all they require is Reg certificate , Ofsted poster and In case of fire poster

In the mean time i had been told that we needed a floor plan of the house with fire escape routes on it .

I had my last inspection in July and she was happy with what was on display and when i mentioned the floor plan she said it was unnecessary!!!!!!

When will they all start to be consistant ??
    Sue x