Blimey some people are just dur brains !
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jul 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Blimey some people are just dur brains !

I had a phone call last week from what i presume was a newly qualified person or even possibly someone just trying their luck with something new - here it goes!!

Last week -

Me - 'Hello'
    Them - 'have you any spaces?'
    Me - 'Could you let me know how old your children are please ?
    Them - 'for a job'
    Me - 'Im sorry i have just started up as a cm and cant offer you any work'!
    Them - brrrrrrrrrrr phone down !!

Today -
    Me - 'Hello'
    Them - 'got any work'
    Me - 'Im sorry i didnt catch that can you repeat it please?'
    Them - brrrrrrrrrr phone down again !!!

Surely common sense would make you think of introducing yourself first, saying qualifications possibly or even that your interested in a carrer in childcare not just simply 'got a job' !!!!!

dec 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a bit odd isn't it ?
    H4H supporter 'per mare per terram'

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a bit more odd than the one I got.

Yesterday I answered the phone and a lady said is that " s and I said yes then she said " Oh I have a 16 month old son and Im looking for a childminder " ok I said. then she went on to say she wanted to childmind too so wanted to find a childminder where she could bring her son with her and childmind from their house because she didnt want hers messed up !!!!!!!!!

I told her I wasnt available for that and to contact the local FIS and see if they could help.

Then I thought CHEEKY MARE !!! id love to do that too and keep my house tidy.

Lady Haha Guest

Quote Originally Posted by desiderata View Post

Yesterday I answered the phone and a lady said is that " s and I said yes then she said " Oh I have a 16 month old son and Im looking for a childminder " ok I said. then she went on to say she wanted to childmind too so wanted to find a childminder where she could bring her son with her and childmind from their house because she didnt want hers messed up !!!!!!!!!

I told her I wasnt available for that and to contact the local FIS and see if they could help.

Words fail me......

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

oh my gosh ..... the cheek of some people
    Love Mrs Edward Cullen x

July 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Right who's got a hose I can childmind from and keep mine tidy??

Words fail me sometimes

Carol xx

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

I would have laughed at her down the phone
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Jul 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I know everyone has to start somewhere and im all for new starts and what not but not even saying who they are just 'got a job' is not going to get them anywhere !
    After the first call i was in utter shock with the way i was spoken to but the second time round i took pity on the poor girl and did 1471 to ring them back and give them some poiters but it was with held so i did try !

Maybe their mossy wet rock is fun and didnt really want to crawl out from under it but thought that they had best try something !

Nevermind huh !!

Jan 84
    Post Thanks / Like

There is an advert like that on childcare.co.uk local to me at the moment, I couldn't understand what they wanted at first, but reading it I think she is offering herself as a childcare professional!!!
    Teacake2