Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Working with other settings

Ive just taken on a 2yr old 1 day a week who also goes to nursery 1 day a week. My working with settings letter was given to parents and a letter for them to pass onto the nursery as I dont have any contact with them.
    I explained to parents the importance and that if nursery do a diary it would be great for me to see it so I can see what mindee has done at nursery the previous day.
    The next session the parents included a slip of paper from the nursery in my diary which was fantastic to see. It had activities she had taken part in, what she had eaten, nappy changes,
    Fantastic I thought..... Now I can plan activities around this too and also look at meals so Im not giving her the same food.

Then for the next 3 weeks...nothing

That lasted long...

Becky x

sept 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

You got some information thats great ... I am still waiting acknowledgement from my letter introducing my myself etc. (passed it into nursery September)
    CWR

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am still waiting for acknowledgement from a nursery I approached but don't visit in September too

Maybe follow up with a letter thanking them for their input and asking for something specific like a snack list or activities plan for next half term.

Hth

Sept 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi

I have a similar situation and what I did was suggest the nursery and I share the diary instead of them using a paper day sheet.

So now they write in the two days and I write in the two days so we can all see whats happening and its working really well.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

it may be the nursery send the sheet home every day ( i know some who do this ) and its the parents who have not put it in the bag for you?

would nursery be able to email you their planning or something?

i have a LO who attends nursery too, and they have only just returned the 'working in partnership' form, as they don't sort out keyworkers and the like until a few weeks into term! ( so who on earth does the child 'bond' with when they start?! anyway! ) i don't have any dealings with nursery, but have arranged to pop in one day to say hello!

Oct 11.
    Latest Inspection Grade
    x Good x
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a communication book where myself, mum and the school all write in what weve done. I askedthe school for a copy of their topics and they have given me one x so far so good!
    You can’t have everything. Where would you put it?

sept 20
    Post Thanks / Like

I use a notebook for each child to share info between settings. This started off really well at the beginning of term - the nursery I drop off at wrote in it every week for 3 weeks and it was really useful. However, they haven't written in it for 2 weeks now as they are too busy. The playgroup that one of the mindee's goes to was very keen on the idea when I popped in to ask them, but they have since told mum that they haven't got time to be filling things in for childminders!
    I keep filling the notebook in - just so I can prove to Ofsted I'm trying to work with other settings. I've also taken photo's of the notebooks just in case they disappear!

oct 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Our school is lovely, we get a termly topics theme sheet plus a home communication book to be shared between us all.
    Wish all school were like this, one past one refused to even talk to me.